PCS Calls/Customer Service

steaky360

Might be writing this and 'tempting fate' or whatever but as I start this I'm currently sitting waiting in the queue to PCS customer service. Been waiting for around 15 minutes so far (no biggie to me, I expected a longer wait if I'm honest) and am at position 2 in the queue.

So total hold time was: 21 mins, very polite helpful and informative Tove answered the phone (I did ask if I could post and her name is used with permission).

Solved my query with minimal fuss. Basically I noted my PC was in testing but there had been an issue, I'd opted for 3600MHz ram and it wasn't stable at 3600MHz, I agreed to downclock the ram to 3422MHz (maybe? might have been 3400?) rather than swap it out with 3200Mhz sticks.

I do not envy anyone working on calls at the moment (not just for PCS) as they must be getting bombarded! But I never felt like my call was being rushed or that I didn't have anything but the fullest attention during the call.

Total call time: 30 minutes

I can't say everyone's experience will be as good as mine has been but I felt this was worth a quick post.

Thanks PCS. Thanks Tove!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 103489

Same here my experience with PCS have never made me feel i had to be rushed either and are here to listen. Giving how many calls i have done with amendments etc, they have been very consistent with being helpfull and friendly.

Can't say i have had that with other services out their in the past (not naming names)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Might be writing this and 'tempting fate' or whatever but as I start this I'm currently sitting waiting in the queue to PCS customer service. Been waiting for around 15 minutes so far (no biggie to me, I expected a longer wait if I'm honest) and am at position 2 in the queue.

So total hold time was: 21 mins, very polite helpful and informative Tove answered the phone (I did ask if I could post and her name is used with permission).

Solved my query with minimal fuss. Basically I noted my PC was in testing but there had been an issue, I'd opted for 3600MHz ram and it wasn't stable at 3600MHz, I agreed to downclock the ram to 3422MHz (maybe? might have been 3400?) rather than swap it out with 3200Mhz sticks.

I do not envy anyone working on calls at the moment (not just for PCS) as they must be getting bombarded! But I never felt like my call was being rushed or that I didn't have anything but the fullest attention during the call.

Total call time: 30 minutes

I can't say everyone's experience will be as good as mine has been but I felt this was worth a quick post.

Thanks PCS. Thanks Tove!
I spoke with Tove on chat the other day trying to sort out what was happening with my laptop, she couldn't have been more helpful, and ok i had to change chassis to get sorted but she made sure that it got into production that day, hence i'm sat typing on it now:D:D, so a big (y) to Tove

tiaan_wright

Just wanted to add on to this by sayin that albeit I had to wait just over an hour to get through ( at 5.30pm with 21 people ahead of me) the customer service i recieved was very friendly and helpful. With the issue for my ongoing order being resolved easily and stress free, was good speaking to someone who understood my issue and was clear in their response

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Great news on the positive CS received :D

Regarding the RAM, if you get the choice again I would bump it down to the 3200. Thanks to the CAS latency differences the 3200 and 3600 are actually on par, so down-clocked 3600 is going to actually be slower than the 3200 :)