PCS Computer Upgrade

Tight Git

Bronze Level Poster
Good afternoon,

I've had my PCS Computer for a couple of years now and upgrade-itis is setting in with a vengeance!

As I bought it primarily for MS FSX Flight Sim, I'd like to add another SSD hard drive for extra scenery.

My mobo is Asus P8Z77-V and I already have two 240Gb Intel 520 SSD's plugged into the 6 Gb/s sockets.

Looking at the mobo spec, there appears to be no other 6 Gb/s ports available, but I could be wrong.

Would anyone familiar with this mobo care to comment, please?

DannyWanny

PCS Marketing
Staff member
The SATA connection specification for your motherboard are:

2 x AsMedia Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s Connectors [NAVY BLUE]
2 x Intel Z77 Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s Connectors [GREY]
4 x Intel Z77 Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s Connectors [BLUE]

So you should have enough for 2 more SATA 6.0 Gb/s drives.

Tight Git

Bronze Level Poster
Many thanks.

It was mention in the manual of the AsMedia connections not being suitable for ATAPI that confused me.

(Very easily done these days!)

So please confirm that I can just plug standard SSD hard drives into these sockets and they should appear under "Computer" in Win7.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Many thanks.

It was mention in the manual of the AsMedia connections not being suitable for ATAPI that confused me.

(Very easily done these days!)

So please confirm that I can just plug standard SSD hard drives into these sockets and they should appear under "Computer" in Win7.

When it mentions ATAPI devices it's referring to DVD drives and tape drives and that sort of thing. You'll be fine with SSD's plugged into it.