PCS GD27 Monitor not turning on and PC is beeping 4 times

RyanAl18

20220411_205401.jpg

My monitor is not turning on.
I have two cables attached to the PC, one is a cable that goes to the power socket and another is the cable going to the monitor.

The PC runs fine as it does but if I press the power button on the monitor, nothing happens!

I tried moving the cable to the monitor into the second slot of the middle of the PC. When I do this after turning the PC on again, I get one quick beep at the start and a few seconds I get 1 long beep followed by 3 consecutive short beeps.

What's wrong with my PC?

RyanAl18

CaseCORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® PRIME B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting2x 50cm ARGB LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
MonitorMSI 27" Optix G27C6 - 1920 x 1080, 1MS, 165Hz
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: PCS GD27 27" GAMING MONITOR - 1440p, IPS, 165Hz
This is the PC

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've edited your specs as it had the windows key, be very careful what you post publicly.

Can you take a photo of the back of the monitor so we can see the attached cables?

The monitor needs to be plugged into the graphics card, not the motherboard

Was it working before? What's changed?

QlQ02lg.png

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Using your own screenshot, as Spyder says, plug in here:
1649709534813.png

When you turn on monitor, does anything appear on screen? PCS logo, No input source message etc? I'm looking for any indication that the monitor is working really.

RyanAl18

Using your own screenshot, as Spyder says, plug in here:
View attachment 33144

When you turn on monitor, does anything appear on screen? PCS logo, No input source message etc? I'm looking for any indication that the monitor is working really.
No when I plug it there. I get 4 beeps(1 long beep followed by 3 beeps).

Nope no indication of anything. I suspect its damage but I can't be sure when I'm getting odd beeps from the PC

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Those beeps indicate a GPU error. Does the GPU light up and fans spin when PC turns on? Have you tried resitting the GPU in case it’s become loose?

RyanAl18

Those beeps indicate a GPU error. Does the GPU light up and fans spin when PC turns on? Have you tried resitting the GPU in case it’s become loose?

20220412_130635_18.jpg

I don't think the GPU is glowing.

I do I resit the GPU? I've never built or worked on a PC, I'd be scared I'd damage something

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hard to tell with all the other items in full unicorn spew. Also, is your front grille caked in dust/fluff??? Or just how it looks in that photo?

Anyway, what I'd be trying to do is try and confirm that it is either:
1) The monitor that is not working
2) Or the GPU

For 1) Do you have any other device like a DVD or Bluray player or laptop that you could connect to monitor via HDMI to see if there is any display? (disconnect the PC entirely from monitor when you try this)
For 2) do you have a second monitor or even a TV with a HDMI port that you could connect PC to see if there is any video output?

RyanAl18

Hard to tell with all the other items in full unicorn spew. Also, is your front grille caked in dust/fluff??? Or just how it looks in that photo?

Anyway, what I'd be trying to do is try and confirm that it is either:
1) The monitor that is not working
2) Or the GPU

For 1) Do you have any other device like a DVD or Bluray player or laptop that you could connect to monitor via HDMI to see if there is any display? (disconnect the PC entirely from monitor when you try this)
For 2) do you have a second monitor or even a TV with a HDMI port that you could connect PC to see if there is any video output?
Yes it's full dust. I moved houses and it's the first time I opened the box to set up the PC in months.

I don't have a second monitor. Would a phone work?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes it's full dust. I moved houses and it's the first time I opened the box to set up the PC in months.

Do you have a TV? Phone won't work.

Apologies for asking but you do have the power cable plugged into the monitor do you?

If there's no power light on the monitor, then it's a monitor issue, nothing to do with the PC. The beeps on the PC are because it's not registering a monitor connected, that's expected.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Moved house eh? Maybe GPU took a knock? I'd look to remove the GPU and insert it back again. Should be a simple case of removing the power cables, removing a screw and releasing it from the PCIE socket, then doing the same in reverse.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If there's no power light on the monitor, then it's a monitor issue, nothing to do with the PC. The beeps on the PC are because it's not registering a monitor connected, that's expected.
I'm trying to recall if the GD27 has a power light on the front, but it def had an RGB ring on the back that should light up once it starts up

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm trying to recall if the GD27 has a power light on the front, but it def had an RGB ring on the back that should light up once it starts up
If it had any power it would show some kind of power on image, all screens do, the fact it's not showing anything suggests it's not getting power.

I wouldn't touch anything on the PC yet, as you may cause further complications.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Sounds to me like the monitor is toast..... or not being powered as suggested. You definitely want to get to the root cause before taking anything apart.

RyanAl18

Do you have a TV? Phone won't work.

Apologies for asking but you do have the power cable plugged into the monitor do you?

I only have the DP/HDMI cable into the monitor. I'm not sure if I have any other cables needed for the monitor.

Since I haven't used this PC in months, I don't remember.

Other than the DP cable what else is supposed to be in the monitor?
20220413_150212.jpg

I feel like I'm missing something. Anyone knows?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It looks like a laptop charger really. Standard plug to a "brick" and then cable from brick to the PC that plugs in here:
1649866229768.png

So similar to this:
1649866291065.png