PCS Maelstrom T900 side case fan

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
HI

I received my PC today and the side case fan isn't connected which I expected, I had a search on the forum and seen a few posts but im still confused (doesn't take much), can you help me hook it up?

the connectors on the fan are in this pic - IMG_2693.jpg

do I just attach it to the power or do I also need to connect it to the motherboard -Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3?

there is a black cable with it also -

IMG_2694.jpg

any help would be great.

thanks

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
Hi

I have these cables IMG_2698.jpgin the box that I can use to connect the male fan connector to the psu but I don't have any cables that would fit the female fan cable? will I need to buy a cable to attach to it?

thanks

sanj

The Molex cable's that you have shown in the second picture(PSU cable) will connect directly with the female molex connector on the case fan(you can see you have both types),you will not have to buy anything else.

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks, so I only have to have one of these case fan cables connected to the PSU and not both? IMG_2693.jpg

i'll give it a try.

Thanks

Androcles

Rising Star
Yes connect the male molex from the PSU to the female connector on the side fan.

This. The male connector on the fan side is like an adaptor so you can have the fan connected to the cable and still plug something else in, so basically if you wanted to plug another fan in you could have it plugged into the same cable like a chain.