PCS Resale thread

LFFPicard

Godlike
I know this has been mentioned a few times and the answer is usually no, but I thought it might be a good idea to have a specific thread for sale of components.

More specifically a PCS components resale thread.

The reason I am re-suggesting it again is because I am looking to upgrade my gfx card, and thought someone might be interested in my old one, more specifically someone who has the same card as me from a PCS machine. As we know, same cards work best together so instead of trawling through ebay looking for the same card to buy to go sli why not buy from another PCS customer looking to sell off their old card like myself. That way you know the component is the same as it is the same stock item used in all PCS machines at the time.

I am more than happy to sell mine on ebay when I do upgrade (No timescale) but thought suggesting this might be a nice idea. Obviously, will have to be moderated to make sure no 3rd party sales happen but still I thnk it is a handy idea. Either that I or I just mention it in GD if allowed and see if anyone wants.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I would assume is not in PCS's best interest to have this since a 2nd hand market could affect their sales, some people may be encouraged to buy 2nd hand cards rather than using the upgrade service. Also it is difficult to tell whether or not someone has overclocked their GPU or the possibility of faulty components being sold. I obviously don't work for PCS just my opinion.

Rakk

The Awesome
PCS don't allow 2nd hand PC's to be sold/advertised on these forums since as Keynes says, this could take sales away from PCS.
I suspect the same applies to 2nd hand components as well, since they do an upgrade service.

LFFPicard

Godlike
This is all true as I was looking at the upgrde service that made me think of this.
I see the point about 2nd hand sales impacting there sales etc as this has like I said been mentioned before and rejected. I was was just thinking about the option to resale PCS components.

Like I say no loss to me either way as I can sell my old card on ebay when I upgrade, just thought it might be a nice idea for people looking for a small upgrade between new PCS purchases.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hmm, whilst i do think it would be useful. I think Keynes and Rakk have made good points as to why its probably not in PCS's interests.

Although, perhaps it would be a good idea if we had a dedicated "upgrade" section on the forum?

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I don't know about resale, it could be way too complicated if p2p components turned out to be faulty. PCS wouldn't want to go near that scenario with a bargepole.

What I would love to see though is PCS selling individual components ins a store scenario, not just in the upgrade section.

LFFPicard

Godlike
I don't know about resale, it could be way too complicated if p2p components turned out to be faulty. PCS wouldn't want to go near that scenario with a bargepole.

What I would love to see though is PCS selling individual components ins a store scenario, not just in the upgrade section.

Before the upgrade section opened, if I remember rightly as long as you had a previous system order with them you could ring, email, opena a ticket and ask to purchase an individual component. I believe that was one of my questions when I ordered a couple years ago as a option to buy another 580 later to go sli.