PCS review 2 1/2 years on

Stappa

Enthusiast
Hi, I've had my PCS system for 30 months now so I thought I'd give a brief review for other PSC customers/future customers........To sum up though I will purchase my next PC from PCS

PROS:

I found the PCS forum VERY helpful prior to ordering/since receiving my PC(answers questions,giving ideas etc)

Pound for Pound I got a Better Spec'd PC compared to all the online rivals I looked at

I still find my PC tears through anything I throw at it(Gaming on ultra,HD Decoding,Multitasking etc)

Problems/Faults/RMA's Have been sorted via Forums/PCS Tech Help in a reasonably 'speedy' manner

I will order again from PCS

CONS:

On arrival one fan didn't work as a Sata cable was badly obstructing it

My Pre O/C'd system never 'Held' it's O/C for more than 3-4 weeks at a time??(thou I find running my PC at 'Stock' speed makes NO difference in real world applications....the only difference can be seen when running 'bench marks' etc

In the Last 2 years Two OCZ VERTEX SSD's have died, though the RMA process worked well(both RMA's took around 2 weeks,which was acceptable as I installed Windows/programs on my HHD while waiting for RMA)

The battery on the Mobo for the saved bios setting has never worked/held the settings? which is a pain when I unplug my PC for a Dedust etc.....Though I have never contacted PCS about this....If I had I'm sure they would of sent me a replacement

So all in all i'm a happy customer and as my wife is hooked on Sims 3 and uses 'MY' PC more and more I'm looking to Order my 2nd PCS system for delivery by Xmas 2013,my new PC will be a modern 'clone' of my current PC using the latest hardware etc the only thing I'll improve is the amount of storage??

Last edited:

Stappa

Enthusiast
i'm currently running a 24"HD monitor and a Smart TV, though I will either add a 2nd 24" desk monitor or more probably buy a new 30" SHD Monitor(Dell,Sumsung etc)the new PC we be used for gaming on ultra,HD DVD encoding/decoding/multitasking etc

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I would create an awesome spec for you, but by christmas, Intel haswell and ivy bridge extreme will have been released by then. Oh and maybe new cards from nvidia and AMD.

Stappa

Enthusiast
I would create an awesome spec for you, but by christmas, Intel haswell and ivy bridge extreme will have been released by then. Oh and maybe new cards from nvidia and AMD.

fair point m8 I'll wait till October ish and see whats out