PCS sponsoring streamers

Spuff

Expert
I see that PCS are now sponsoring certain Twitch streamers.
I thought you might be interested to know that.
The one I watch sometimes has been given (I think given):

Processor: Intel® Core™i7 Eight Core Processor Extreme i7-5960X (3.0GHz) 20MB Cache

Graphics Cards: 2x 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti SLI

Motherboard: ASUS® SABERTOOTH X99: ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6 GB/s

Memory: 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz (4 x 8GB)

Storage 1: 250GB Samsung 850 2.5" EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

Storage 2: 2TB WD BLACK 3.5" WD2003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

Cooling: Corsair H100i GTX Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans

Power Supply: CORSAIR 1000W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Case: CORSAIR CARBIDE 600C INVERTED FULL TOWER CASE - WINDOWED

LFFPicard

Godlike
Sadly, I don't have enough time to stream at all so I gave up on the hopes of doing that.
I tried streaming but I didn't really have many contacts to share my stream with, I wasn't that good at sorting out the layouts and bio. And finally not enough time.

I invested in a HD Webcam and set everything up as best I could and started streaming things like World of Warships and League of Legends etc but never got anyone watching me :(

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yeah it's difficult getting some viewers initially. Especially when you are streaming the biggest games. A few of my friends have become somewhat successful by streaming slightly more niche games or get there first on new releases.

Think its just pot luck mostly that one of the people that joins your stream decides to tell all their mates.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I stream dota sometimes but i think the most i've ever had is 12 viewers.

I though we would be quite popular though as theres 5 of us and we all talk rubbish when playing, I thought it would have entertainment value. I only stream on Youtube Gaming though.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I stream dota sometimes but i think the most i've ever had is 12 viewers.

I though we would be quite popular though as theres 5 of us and we all talk rubbish when playing, I thought it would have entertainment value. I only stream on Youtube Gaming though.

12 viewers! On YouTube Gaming! That's like a world record mate.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I've never used it and don't know anyone that does. It's probably not doing quite that badly but I think it's pretty tiny compared to Twitch.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
It seems to stream better, if i stream to youtube there is no lag, using the same settings streaming to twitch i get lag on the machine. Thats the only reason i use youtube

Everon

Enthusiast
I used to use Twitch to stream and then swapped to Youtube gaming basically because of the ability to be able to stream in 1080p and have my videos archived as 1080p.

Twitch seems to suffer really badly on the quality front and most of the time my streams were at the very best 480 quality whilst streaming on twitch, whilst on Youtube gaming I get smooth 1080p@60fps on PC and 720p on PS4. I wont be going back to Twitch and most of the big streamers have moved onto youtube gaming.

I only began streaming again last week as I took a break due to work and getting my new PC all sorted out so I am gradually increasing my uploads, trying to do one every day but I cant always spare the time.

If anyone wants to check my Youtube Gaming channel its: https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCjFh7UCKXf1EH4BdqzdBPNw#tab=1
My Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/everons/profile

If anyone wants to give me some likes or follows I would be grateful!

Cheers guys.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I used to use Twitch to stream and then swapped to Youtube gaming basically because of the ability to be able to stream in 1080p and have my videos archived as 1080p.

Twitch seems to suffer really badly on the quality front and most of the time my streams were at the very best 480 quality whilst streaming on twitch, whilst on Youtube gaming I get smooth 1080p@60fps on PC and 720p on PS4. I wont be going back to Twitch and most of the big streamers have moved onto youtube gaming.

I only began streaming again last week as I took a break due to work and getting my new PC all sorted out so I am gradually increasing my uploads, trying to do one every day but I cant always spare the time.

If anyone wants to check my Youtube Gaming channel its: https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCjFh7UCKXf1EH4BdqzdBPNw#tab=1
My Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/everons/profile

If anyone wants to give me some likes or follows I would be grateful!

Cheers guys.

None of the streamers I watch are on YouTube Gaming and none of the CSGO tournaments are on YouTube Gaming. All on Twitch or occasionally Hitbox.

Everon

Enthusiast
I guess it depends on who or what kind of things you follow and watch i suppose.

I don't tend to be that interested in things like CSGO and Black Ops etc but I am looking forward to The Division. I generally watch people like "Tritan Army" and "Squadron" and a few others that catch my eye but then again I don't watch streams very much. I prefer playthroughs and tech demo's etc. I think what I meant with the bigger streamers moving over is people like Totalbiscuit, Kinda Funny Games and the like who are not really streamers in the gaming sense i suppose.

I think what I may end up doing is just uploading my streams to both Youtube and Twitch just for the hell of it. I really only do it as something to amuse myself with honestly and there is nothing quite like watching yourself fail at a game to make yourself laugh.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I guess it depends on who or what kind of things you follow and watch i suppose.

I don't tend to be that interested in things like CSGO and Black Ops etc but I am looking forward to The Division. I generally watch people like "Tritan Army" and "Squadron" and a few others that catch my eye but then again I don't watch streams very much. I prefer playthroughs and tech demo's etc. I think what I meant with the bigger streamers moving over is people like Totalbiscuit, Kinda Funny Games and the like who are not really streamers in the gaming sense i suppose.

I think what I may end up doing is just uploading my streams to both Youtube and Twitch just for the hell of it. I really only do it as something to amuse myself with honestly and there is nothing quite like watching yourself fail at a game to make yourself laugh.

I don't think TotalBiscuit has moved over. In fact one of his last videos was ranting about the terrible video quality of YouTube.

Everon

Enthusiast
I watched that video about quality too and it was interesting to hear him complaining about this.

The opinion that I got from it was that he was complaining that Youtube re-processes your uploads to "opimise" them to how youtube wants them to be, which is fine for us mere mortals who don't have a recording studio in their basement or a multi sponsorship deal with companies to help buy thousands in setup equipment. For him I have no doubt it is annoying that his perfect quality recordings get "optimised" but Youtube and Twitch don't just cater for the professional streamer anymore and lowly streamers like us eat into the bandwidth available.

With all that in mind he is of course free to make his own platform if the quality isnt to his liking lol.

Edit: and I think your right wozza, it seems he hasn't moved over but seems to be doing both at the same time.

LFFPicard

Godlike
I really only do it as something to amuse myself with honestly and there is nothing quite like watching yourself fail at a game to make yourself laugh.

Funny you should say that, when I do stream I title all my streams "Failing at "Game Title" as I do badly at everything anyway :) (http://www.twitch.tv/lffpicard)
I really should set it all up again and give it another shot. Would love to start getting a following as my daytime job sucks ha.

IndyJ

I'll be streaming Overwatch (with youtube gaming service) after it has been released (around June). Looking at joining up with a couple of others who are already streaming the beta now.

Will of course be using a PCS laptop so will of course give credit for that, though I wouldn't say I'd be offended if PCS offered a desktop counterpart I could use ;)

When I get set up and rolling I'll try remember to post back here with details if anyone is interested at all :)