PCS USB Stick

Dene76

Hi all,

After my recent purchase PCS sent me a USB storage device which I use regularly.
However this morning it is telling me I need to format it. WHen I do it seems to fail.

Any ideas on what I may have inadvertently done to it?

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Is it a sliver one with a hinge or a black one like a piano key?

I put mine in the washing machine so... yeah its gone. =(

Ash

The PCS memory sticks are useless. I had two and both didn't work. There was a thread a while ago where everyone was complaining about them.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
The PCS memory sticks are useless. I had two and both didn't work. There was a thread a while ago where everyone was complaining about them.

I don't think it's worth complaining over something that was free. I had no idea I'd get the option for a free stick so if mine stops working it's not a huge loss. They probably buy thousands in bulk (most custom usb places require like a minimum order of a 1000 or something) so PCS have no control over the quality that they will receive. I had to source some for my previous job and they worked out as bloody expensive. Alot more than I thought.

As for the original question, have you used it in an xbox at all as storage or has it been purely for the pc? It sounds like it's had to reformat itself to take on a different file type and there's maybe been an error in that process.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I agree with Grimezy, its free and unexpected gift.

Reason i asked which one it was above was because if it was a silver one PCS were replacing them FOC for a little while. Was good of them to not only provide the first one for free but to provide me with a second one. NOt sure if that is sill the case though