pdf file

connorduran

Can I restore a pdf file, which does not open or opens crooked issues once at the time of opening an error due to a lack of data?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello, and welcome to the forums. :)

It depends what you mean by "restore". If you mean can you restore a pdf file from a backup then yes of course. If you mean can you fix a corrupt pdf file in some way the answer is no.

LFFPicard

Godlike
The answer is no and yes.
We deal with PDF's all the time at work and if it opens and says it is corrupted then it could be something as simple as your using and older version of Adobe Reader than the file was created for. We had this and I was able to open the file in the latest version of Adobe CC.

It all depends what you actually mean, if you open the PDF regardless of it actually opening or not and then goto File -> (Document) Properties. Then look in the advanced section of the Description tab.
Let me know what it says for "PDF Producer" and "PDF Version" also just above that "Application". All of these will tell you how the PDF was created and what version you need as a minimum to open it.

For example, the image below shows the following.
Application - This PDF was created from a Word 2010 document.
PDF Producer - What driver was used to create the PDF, newer versions of Word have their own driver, otherwise you will normally see PDFFactory, DoPDF or Adobe here.
PDF Version - This is the standard 1.5 format, to open this PDF you need Adobe Acrobat or Reader version 6 minimum. So an old version of Adobe Reader 5 will not open this and say it is corrupted. I think the latest version is 1.6 which will be Acrobat 7.x I believe.

PDF.jpg

Hope this helps!