Persistent windows update (KB5001330) fails

D

Deleted member 17413

I can only see a icon for a pic here
OZ057Y3.jpg

D

Deleted member 17413

Is there a way to exclude specific updates on windows update?
I know it will let you pause updates, but ive never tried to pause a specific update on it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is there a way to exclude specific updates on windows update?
I know it will let you pause updates, but ive never tried to pause a specific update on it.
Not any more I don't think, not even on Pro license, you can only pause all updates for a period up to 30 days or something.

There is a group policy setting where you can extend this up to 365 days, although I reckon Microsoft might get rid of that pretty sharpish.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
@Segwayrider - as mentioned by others, that update seems to be problematic for some - although it installed on my system just fine yesterday. Your ability to update is very much affected by how stable your existing system is, this is what the SFC and DISM commands you read about are for. I would suggest that you open an elevated command prompt or PowerShell session and enter the following commands....

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

That command checks your Windows deployment image files for corruptions. If that command reports corruptions found then stop and don't go any further. Take a screenshot of that output and post it here.

If that dism ..... /scanhealth reports no corruptions found then run the following command....

sfc /scannow

That command checks critical Windows system files for corruptions, if any are found it uses the deployment image to fix them (that's why it's vital to check the deployment image files first). If it reports that errors were found but could not be corrected then post a screenshot of that output.

Segwayrider

Silver Level Poster
@Segwayrider - as mentioned by others, that update seems to be problematic for some - although it installed on my system just fine yesterday. Your ability to update is very much affected by how stable your existing system is, this is what the SFC and DISM commands you read about are for. I would suggest that you open an elevated command prompt or PowerShell session and enter the following commands....

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

That command checks your Windows deployment image files for corruptions. If that command reports corruptions found then stop and don't go any further. Take a screenshot of that output and post it here.
It came out with "
No component store corruption detected.
The operation completed successfully."

If that dism ..... /scanhealth reports no corruptions found then run the following command....

sfc /scannow

That command checks critical Windows system files for corruptions, if any are found it uses the deployment image to fix them (that's why it's vital to check the deployment image files first). If it reports that errors were found but could not be corrected then post a screenshot of that output.
It came out with "
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.
PS C:\Windows\system32>"

Should I just try to download the upate again, restart first or...?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It came out with "
No component store corruption detected.
The operation completed successfully."

It came out with "
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.
PS C:\Windows\system32>"

Should I just try to download the upate again, restart first or...?
Reboot and then try the update again.

Segwayrider

Silver Level Poster
Is that the only one that fails? If so I'd guess it's whatever the issue is with that update. If many (all?) updates fail then there's a problem there.
As far as I can tell yeah.
Recording to my "View reliability history" it have succelfully installed the following updates today
9WZDNCRFHWD2-Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection
Opdatering til sikkerhedsefterretninger til Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (version 1.335.1040.0)

as well as 6 thing yesterday (and pretty much everyday, but im not looking into what does are atm)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As far as I can tell yeah.
Recording to my "View reliability history" it have succelfully installed the following updates today
9WZDNCRFHWD2-Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection
Opdatering til sikkerhedsefterretninger til Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (version 1.335.1040.0)

as well as 6 thing yesterday (and pretty much everyday, but im not looking into what does are atm)
In that case I'd stop worrying about it and wait for Microsoft to sort out the issue with this particular update. :)

Segwayrider

Silver Level Poster
okay so my pc still have problems with windows update. It now says that my current system is in danger of being outdated. The update is a diffrent KB number ( before KB5001330, now KB5003637). other, small, presumably smaller and not significant, updates have still been installed. Is there anyhing else than whats already tried in this thread I could try, or should i just reinstall windows (from a usb)?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
okay so my pc still have problems with windows update. It now says that my current system is in danger of being outdated. The update is a diffrent KB number ( before KB5001330, now KB5003637). other, small, presumably smaller and not significant, updates have still been installed. Is there anyhing else than whats already tried in this thread I could try, or should i just reinstall windows (from a usb)?

It’s likely just a windows version? Are you installing optional updates? Those are windows versions. Can you take a screenshot of your windows update screen?

Segwayrider

Silver Level Poster
It’s likely just a windows version? Are you installing optional updates? Those are windows versions. Can you take a screenshot of your windows update screen?
Im not installing optional updates, no. Its ll in Danish. if you need me to translate something just say the word. There is currently a update waiting for restart, but I was kinda hopping I could take both updates together.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2021-06-15 105422.png
    Skærmbillede 2021-06-15 105422.png
    511.2 KB · Views: 121

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Im not installing optional updates, no. Its ll in Danish. if you need me to translate something just say the word. There is currently a update waiting for restart, but I was kinda hopping I could take both updates together.
You should install the optional updates, I know they call them optional but they really aren't if you want to keep your OS up to date

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
I wouldnt worry about it, there are lots of reports of issues with this update, from Task Bar issues, failing to update, printer issues etc.

A quick Google search for that KB number produces a number of sites reporting problems

Windows 10 update KB5003637 causes Taskbar/System tray & printer issues, fails to install for many​

Segwayrider

Silver Level Poster
You should install the optional updates, I know they call them optional but they really aren't if you want to keep your OS up to date
yes, but since there is currently something wrong with the updates, I dont want to throw to many variables in at the same time. If i get it to work Ill download the optional ones. Donst make sence to me to download the optional ones, when you have problems with the mandatory ones,

I wouldnt worry about it, there are lots of reports of issues with this update, from Task Bar issues, failing to update, printer issues etc.

A quick Google search for that KB number produces a number of sites reporting problems

Windows 10 update KB5003637 causes Taskbar/System tray & printer issues, fails to install for many​

The main reason im raising concern agian is that my pc tells my that he system will be out of date /obsolete, and with it potentienly open up security risks. (i have the windows update icon, with a red dot). I also just think that this long without it being able to update probably is concerning