Photoshop & Lightroom on a Gaming PC :)

PhilGP

Silver Level Poster
I've wanted to upgrade my PC for a while. Primary use is Lightroom (classic) and Photoshop, and also Working from home.
I looked at the entry level Studio PC's on here but ended up with the Black Friday Fusion AMD - virtually the same spec and a better price. And with RGB !
I didn't need the 3 months CC membership. I already have the Adobe Photography plan.
I will admit that RGB lighting was never high on my list of priorities, especially as the PC is under the desk, but I am impressed.

As for Lightroom and Photoshop - WOW! ... what a difference from my old setup.
Firstly, I can now run the latest Photoshop (v22) as my old PC did not support SSE4.2 and PS needs this.
Secondly, ALL of the GPU accelerated features in PS & LR are now available to me. I've had a few of these before but over the years, the support for my old card gradually dropped off the list and features started disappearing for me ... but not now :)

But the most noticeable difference is speed. Better CPU (Phenom II, 4core ---> Ryzen7, 8 core,16 threads).
Lightroom is much faster when handling my photo collection.

Overall, a great new PC. And although I didn't plan on using the PC for games, my children have already resolved that one and are now hovering over my desk at the end of every 'working from home' day, just waiting to use it.

Ryzen R7 3700x
RTX 2060
16GB 3000Mhz
512GB M.2 SSD
2TB HDD

As an amateur photographer, I thought a quick snap was needed.
Not as colourful as some setups.

Attachments

• 201222_112135_70D_101_0098.jpg
    201222_112135_70D_101_0098.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
I’m loving LR and PS on my laptop too.

Runs like a dream and wait until you see how fast stitching together a HDR panoramic is and the new sky swap feature in PS.

[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhilGP

Silver Level Poster
@andjef796 - I have a lot of features to try out but I'm sure I'll be impressed.
I have used HDR Panorama in the past but due to processing time, I have avoided it.
It's an excuse to get out and take more photos :)

Bhuna50

Author Level
@andjef796 - I have a lot of features to try out but I'm sure I'll be impressed.
I have used HDR Panorama in the past but due to processing time, I have avoided it.
It's an excuse to get out and take more photos :)

Exactly my thoughts. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk