Plan to order next week. Can it be improved for my budget £1200ish

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I looked up the super quiet cpu cooler but nothing comes up since there is no company name with it? so I cannot check for reviews? I have changed the motherboard I plan to get to the saber one.

The sabertooth looks very nice but the P8Z77-V should offer the same performance for your intended use.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
The sabertooth looks very nice but the P8Z77-V should offer the same performance for your intended use.

I was thinking the Sabertooth board for the extra cooling and the protection against dust making it even more low maintenance :)

and thanks wolv :)

adator

Enthusiast
I looked up the super quiet cpu cooler but nothing comes up since there is no company name with it? so I cannot check for reviews? I have changed the motherboard I plan to get to the saber one.

I have the super Quiet cooler and it works well although I don't do anything that demanding on they CPU, I have never seen the temperature above 55 and it normally idles around 30 - 35 so I'm very happy with it.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
I was also wondering about the CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 300R COMPACT GAMING CASE. I have watched some youtube vids and noticed its pretty small but manages to fit everything in just right but seem abit close? cooling wise. Not gunna miss the horrid fans with lights lol! :)

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
I added up all of the components on amazon and it seems like PCS is giving a pretty good deal?

CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 300R COMPACT GAMING CASE £59.99
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 £190.00
ASUS® P8Z77-V £126.50
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X 1600 £33.98
Palit GTX 670 £287.86
120GB KINGSTON V+200 SSD £72.35
Cavier Black 1TB £70.52
DVD Rewriter £between 13-20.
Corsair 750W Enthusiast series TX750 V2-80 Plus bronze £85.49
Titan TTC-NK85TZ/CS2(RB) Fenrir Evo CPU Cooler £64.64
Windows 8 64 bit £69.99

Total:£1075.97

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Yep looks like it. Thanks for the rep btw :)

Is that your final spec? It's really nice. The only thing I'll say is if you plan to add more HDDs (like 2 or more) or install some custom lighting in addition to SLI you could go with a 850W PSU. If not the 750W is fine.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Ineed, hopefully if I get paid(finally!) i'll be ordering this friday from PCS. Still wondering about switching motherboards though. I really don't want the wifi feature on the board above aswell as the board on the Sabertooth board making it easier to maintain and according to a review on youtube it's actually cooler with the two inbuild fans :). I don't plan on getting LED or extra drives but 1tb and 120gb ssd is more then enough room for me if anything too much :).

NP wolv :) you and keynes and other super active people deserve more then just rep though lol.

Last edited:

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Well at the end of the day it's your rig so if you really want the Sabretooth go for it :) It's a really nice board too. Have a happy new year 2013 :D

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Ordering friday what you think? The CPU may change to an i5 though still thinking about that :). And I've had a 1TB hardrive before and I dident even use 300gb of it.
Case
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 300R COMPACT GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® SABERTOOTH Z77: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
500GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD5003AZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 8 Standard Edition 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days

Last edited: