Please help, in pre production - mid range build

Zazzri

Hi all, new to PC gaming and would love your expertise!

Want it to be capable of playing high end titles such as Warzone/FPS games. I also want it to be capable of streaming potentially.

My budget was £1700, this is £1745 but I liked it so paid the extra. Any thoughts are welcome though!

Also, does anyone have any idea of wait times on the 3070ti? I know I know, it isn't the best value to cost, but I am not patient and the wait times on other cards made me ill haha!

Case CORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage DriveNONE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W CV SERIES™ CV-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCoolerMaster Hyper 212 (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler Black Edition
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00002]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

MrWilson

Godlike
Hi all, new to PC gaming and would love your expertise!

Want it to be capable of playing high end titles such as Warzone/FPS games. I also want it to be capable of streaming potentially.

My budget was £1700, this is £1745 but I liked it so paid the extra. Any thoughts are welcome though!

Also, does anyone have any idea of wait times on the 3070ti? I know I know, it isn't the best value to cost, but I am not patient and the wait times on other cards made me ill haha!

CaseCORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
1st Storage Drive1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage DriveNONE
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
We still don’t have any user feedback on wait times for the 3070ti as it came out fairly recently. That being said the 3070 is the better value GPU of the two, and the wait times for that are looking around the 20-25 working day mark. The 3060ti is back as an available option to order, but it has been out of stock for a couple of months so I would recommend avoiding it for a couple of weeks until PCS can start clearing the order backlog. This is all assuming that you’re pairing this with a 1440p monitor of course, we can downgrade the GPU if you’re working with a 1080p display.
I would swap out the Samsung SATA SSD for the 1TB Intel m.2, it’s around the same price for a much faster performance.
PSU is very budget, I would opt for at least the 750W TXm, or if budget allows the RMx is worth the extra tenner.
The Coolermaster fan is in a very strange middle ground, where it doesn’t offer a whole lot over the stock cooler. With streaming in mind for the future I would suggest the Coolermaster 240 lite, and you can drop the extra case fans.
Ditch Bullguard, it’s been known to cause issues, even the trial version.
Silver Warranty for a fiver is well worth it.

Zazzri

We still don’t have any user feedback on wait times for the 3070ti as it came out fairly recently. That being said the 3070 is the better value GPU of the two, and the wait times for that are looking around the 20-25 working day mark. The 3060ti is back as an available option to order, but it has been out of stock for a couple of months so I would recommend avoiding it for a couple of weeks until PCS can start clearing the order backlog. This is all assuming that you’re pairing this with a 1440p monitor of course, we can downgrade the GPU if you’re working with a 1080p display.
I would swap out the Samsung SATA SSD for the 1TB Intel m.2, it’s around the same price for a much faster performance.
PSU is very budget, I would opt for at least the 750W TXm, or if budget allows the RMx is worth the extra tenner.
The Coolermaster fan is in a very strange middle ground, where it doesn’t offer a whole lot over the stock cooler. With streaming in mind for the future I would suggest the Coolermaster 240 lite, and you can drop the extra case fans.

Thank you so much for the feedback. Monitor wise, I need to upgrade from my old one, plan is to do this when PC is being built. Likely will be 1440p.

Have ditched bullguard and added silver warranty.

On the SSD area, I know MK2 is faster for load times, are there any other advantages?

On the fans, I am keen to avoid liquid cooling due to my complete lack of knowledge. But the fan was the best I could get as the others were out of stock.

MrWilson

Godlike
Monitor wise, I need to upgrade from my old one, plan is to do this when PC is being built. Likely will be 1440p.
Plenty of good options depending on your budget. You can get a Samsung G5 or LG GL850-B for around the £300 mark and there are other choices if your budget can stretch a little further.
On the SSD area, I know MK2 is faster for load times, are there any other advantages?
Faster load times for games, faster boot times for Windows, having the OS on the fastest drive you can afford is always worthwhile. Plus checking the configurator the Intel drive is actually cheaper than the Samsung SSD so seems like a easy decision to me!
On the fans, I am keen to avoid liquid cooling due to my complete lack of knowledge. But the fan was the best I could get as the others were out of stock.
So the Coolermaster 240 lite is an AIO cooler, meaning all the liquid is in a closed loop, as opposed to the big coolant reservoirs you see in the fancy custom loop builds. Old horror stories about AIOs leaking don't happen any more, they are very reliable cooling options that are also very easy to use. The only maintenance you will need to do with them is clean the dust off the fans every few months.

Zazzri

Plenty of good options depending on your budget. You can get a Samsung G5 or LG GL850-B for around the £300 mark and there are other choices if your budget can stretch a little further.

Faster load times for games, faster boot times for Windows, having the OS on the fastest drive you can afford is always worthwhile. Plus checking the configurator the Intel drive is actually cheaper than the Samsung SSD so seems like a easy decision to me!

So the Coolermaster 240 lite is an AIO cooler, meaning all the liquid is in a closed loop, as opposed to the big coolant reservoirs you see in the fancy custom loop builds. Old horror stories about AIOs leaking don't happen any more, they are very reliable cooling options that are also very easy to use. The only maintenance you will need to do with them is clean the dust off the fans every few months.
Thank you again for this!

I will do some research into these over the next few weeks! Again, so stupid but how do you connect your PC to monitor? I only use my laptop for work and console for gaming so I am used to HDMI.

Have changed the SSD too to the intel one!

Okay thanks for the explanation, two questions. As this adds to cost what would this help with? Meaning if I didn't do this, what negatives may occur?
Second is, if I didn't change this now, could I upgrade this area down the line if I felt required or is it very difficult?

Thanks!

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster
I changed my build that's currently In pre production from a 3070 to a 3070Ti 2 days ago. I was told they are in stock currently so this should cut down wait times... Well that's the hope anyway. Currently on 10 days pre production at the mo

Zazzri

I changed my build that's currently In pre production from a 3070 to a 3070Ti 2 days ago. I was told they are in stock currently so this should cut down wait times... Well that's the hope anyway. Currently on 10 days pre production at the mo
Can you let me know how you get on with the change, I am new to this so even a guide with the 3070 ti would be great!

Zazzri

Hi all, close to being built, would love a last minute check. I aim to play 1440p games on my Dell 2721, mainly Warzone/other shooters. My budget was around £1800 for the PC, but it's already maxed at about £2000, so ideally any changes need to be small.

I selected a 750w PSU but have read others getting a 850w. Is there a particular reason the 850w is a better choice?

Also on the cooler, I have read several horror stories with an AIO cooler so wish to avoid them, plus the cost for me isn't worth it.

I have had issues due to already modifying so can't post a reconfigure link. Please let me know if any major changes!

Case CORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NOT REQUIRED
2nd Storage DriveNONE
1st M.2 SSD DriveNONE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD DriveNONE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Firefox™
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)