Please help me....

dinku

Hi All.

Please help me.

I am struggling to get drivers installed for my new laptop.

Installed Windows thrice but failed with driver installation.

Then Installed Windows 8.1 and then I believed that windows 8 drivers would work for them .....it worked for a while and then the screen went black and nothing worked.

Now re-installed Windows 8.1 for the second time, but I have not installed any drivers.

Any advice please, regarding where I can download Windows 8.1 drivers.

Clevo website seems to have updated 8.1 drivers yesterday but I am unable to download them for my laptop P170SM.

Thank you

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm running Windows 8.1 on an Optimus IV and using all the Windows 8 drivers.

How are you installing 8.1, do you have an 8.1 installation DVD or are you installing Windows 8 and then upgrading online?

How is your driver installation failing? What exactly happens?

If it's the later (which is what I did) I suggest you install Windows 8 and then install all the drivers. Only then upgrade to 8.1, everything should still work (it did for me).

If you have a Windows 8.1 installation DVD I suggest that after installation you install all the Windows 8 drivers, most I'm sure will work. For any that don't you might try to see whether Windows Update supplies any drivers or you could try the device manufacturers website for any updated 8.1 drivers.

dinku

Thank you for a quick reply. The Win 8.1 was an online download and installed via a USB on a clean SSD.

The error was as soon as I was installing the Win 8 driver for the Intel chipset the screen used to go blank with only the pointer visible. and it used to stay like that. Had to reinstall OS again and tried installing the driver but failed again......

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thank you for a quick reply. The Win 8.1 was an online download and installed via a USB on a clean SSD.

The error was as soon as I was installing the Win 8 driver for the Intel chipset the screen used to go blank with only the pointer visible. and it used to stay like that. Had to reinstall OS again and tried installing the driver but failed again......

I wasn't aware that Windows 8.1 was available at all via online download. AFAIK the only ways to get it are to upgrade Windows 8 online via the Windows Store or to buy a retail copy of Windows 8.1.

Where did you get it from and are you certain it's both legit and malware free?

dinku

I wasn't aware that Windows 8.1 was available at all via online download. AFAIK the only ways to get it are to upgrade Windows 8 online via the Windows Store or to buy a retail copy of Windows 8.1.

Where did you get it from and are you certain it's both legit and malware free?

its available on the microsoft store website.