Please idiot proof this...

KillerbubblesMH

Hey All!

Looking to go for my next PC, below is my current spec but looking to see whether there could be any tweaks to possibly bring the price down or any components you may see listed would recommend to swap out.

Budget - £2000 - £2500 (tad over at the moment)

Go to games will be Valorant, COD, Baldurs Gate 3;

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-11700K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI (LGA1200, USB 3.2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
12GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3080 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive
256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (3000 MB/R, 1200 MB/W) - Will look to have OS on here
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2700MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Would change this quite a bit. What monitor will you be using? If you can wait a couple of months, I'd advise that too: new releases are on their way and will turn the market on its head, especially at the top end. It's not precisely imminent, but it will be soon.

KillerbubblesMH

Would change this quite a bit. What monitor will you be using? If you can wait a couple of months, I'd advise that too: new releases are on their way and will turn the market on its head, especially at the top end. It's not precisely imminent, but it will be soon.
Currently using ASUS - ROG Swift PG279Q Quad HD 27
Yeah read that new releases on their way, wanted to get a initial figure and go from there but will certainly look to wait it out.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'd suggest you're going way over on the graphics card (Nvidia 4000-series is probably where you're going to want to be), while cheaping out on CPU (old generation) and storage (too slow and too little) and maybe the case.

Is the system in your signature a PCS system? Upgrading it is completely viable and would be significantly cheaper, unless you already have a new home planned for it!

KillerbubblesMH

I'd suggest you're going way over on the graphics card (Nvidia 4000-series is probably where you're going to want to be), while cheaping out on CPU (old generation) and storage (too slow and too little) and maybe the case.

Is the system in your signature a PCS system? Upgrading it is completely viable and would be significantly cheaper, unless you already have a new home planned for it!
Wow didn't even know about the choice of sending it back to PCS for component upgrade as system in my signature is a PCS.

So I guess it would be feasible just getting the PSU and GPU (once the 4000 series is available) replaced? As to be honest the current build is still doing wonders but not confident in myself replacing the components considering the money being spent on it.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Wow didn't even know about the choice of sending it back to PCS for component upgrade as system in my signature is a PCS.

So I guess it would be feasible just getting the PSU and GPU (once the 4000 series is available) replaced? As to be honest the current build is still doing wonders but not confident in myself replacing the components considering the money being spent on it.
I'd suggest you might upgrade the storage as well to get a bigger SSD for game storage, and conceivably the CPU cooling depending on what your current temperatures are, but yeah, that's what I would do in your shoes unless you were going to give away/sell your existing system.

KillerbubblesMH

I'd suggest you might upgrade the storage as well to get a bigger SSD for game storage, and conceivably the CPU cooling depending on what your current temperatures are, but yeah, that's what I would do in your shoes unless you were going to give away/sell your existing system.
Thank you so much! Will certainly look to take this route as certainly more feasible and cost efficient.