Poor fps in war thunder

Chewbacca

Hi, I've got really bad lagging issues in war thunder.
I have checked the temperatures (69 degrees maximum) and I am pretty sure that my card is capable of playing this game at 1080p.
Specs:
i5 - 4690
Corsair 8GB ram
Asus GTX 680
Is my card up to scratch for this game?
I can't seem to fix the problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

jakesmith

This card is outdated so won't run the game at the maximum settings. You would need a 770 as a minimum for the movie setting in war thunder.
I would suggest upgrading the card.

T

TheGeeza

This card is outdated so won't run the game at the maximum settings. You would need a 770 as a minimum for the movie setting in war thunder.
I would suggest upgrading the card.
Absolutely no need to upgrade the card for war thunder. The 680 is fully capable of running the game at the maximum detail settings at 1080p, especially considering it is an asus aftermarket version.
Are you aware that the 770 is based on the 680? This means that an overclocked 680 (like the op has) will mostly perform better or match the performance of the 770 at 1080p.

Hi, I've got really bad lagging issues in war thunder.
You could try reinstalling the graphics drivers from nvidia's website. That should sort it.
Also, those temperatures are perfectly fine.

Chewbacca

Absolutely no need to upgrade the card for war thunder. The 680 is fully capable of running the game at the maximum detail settings at 1080p, especially considering it is an asus aftermarket version.
Are you aware that the 770 is based on the 680? This means that an overclocked 680 (like the op has) will mostly perform better or match the performance of the 770 at 1080p.

You could try reinstalling the graphics drivers from nvidia's website. That should sort it.
Also, those temperatures are perfectly fine.

Thank you very much for this reply.
I did the clean install of the drivers and all is well now :)
When would you say is a good time to upgrade?

T

TheGeeza

I would upgrade when you are struggling to play games at an acceptable frame rate. With that card you could probably wait another generation or so before you start to feel really left out and might want to consider an upgrade.
No point upgrading now though.
When you do decide to upgrade I would suggest going for an EVGA card because of their superior warranty and step-up program, assuming that is still around when you decide to upgrade.