Poor Service.

oli090

Enthusiast
On the 9th of april i made an order for a number of items including a keyboard (Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013). I phoned PCS and asked about installation of the 8gb of ram and the 3tb hard drive i bought. They said it would be easy enough to do myself with just popping it in and plugging the cables in for the hard drive. When i was on the phone to them i asked them to include a sata cable and they said sure it will come with one. The order was very quick to arrive and came on the 12th. I live on the Shetland Islands and the postal service here is diabolical. When the order came they sent me the wrong keyboard and no sata cable. Also i was at work so i had to get my mum to stay at home instead of going out to sign for it. It turned out she didnt have to sign for it and they dropped it without her even noticing. It was saturday so i couldn't speak to PCS until monday. I came onto the forums and got help from some nice people. I phoned PCS and they said sorry for the problems and to send the keyboard back and they will send me the proper one. After a trip to the post office they said to get a tracked parcel (which PCS requested i do) it would cost upwards of £40. I didnt pay that as i wasnt paying that much for their mistake. I contacted them and they refused to pay that but that they would issue a advanced replacement. This was on the 17th and on the 27th i contacted them to say i hadnt received it or an email with tracking details. They said the order had not been put through and they would now send it. It is now the 6th of may and my order finally came. I opened it and they did send the right keyboard but i still didnt receive the SATA cable i was told would be with the parcel.

Overall im very disappointed with the service ive received and only payed a little extra from here as i thought they had good service. Not buying from here again.

steaky360

Thats really disappointing to hear, I can only speak from my own experience but I've found their returns service to be excellent. Don't know what must have happened with your's, I guess there are always a few exceptions. I can only assume if you ask for the SATA cable again, they can send one out to you.

Worth pointing out the issue with the courier leaving the PC at your house and not even letting your mum know is kind of outwith PCS control but still its bad to hear and I'm sure PCS would like to know about that.

Hope you get everything sorted to your satisfaction soon.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I sympathise with you because I know how frustrating it is when the wrong stuff arrives and/or when it doesn't work properly. That said, it's not the fault of PCS that you live on the Shetland Islands nor that your postal service is diabolical.

I hope you get it all sorted soon though. :)

MrWalshy

I have also had a bad experience today.
I ordered some speakers from PCS which I actually collected (saved them some pennies on delivery) but then the same speakers actually arrived today.
Being the honest guy I am I called and asked them to arrange to pick these up as I'd already got them. This is where it went down-hill...
I was asked to send them back at my inconvenience and expense and would be refunded up to the amount of £10. Not happy. This was not my mistake and I asked that they advise me when they would arrange for someone to come and collect them and I would ensure I was there. No. I have to post them.
Why should I have to spend time and money to correct something that wasn't my fault. I said that the speakers would remain at my home until they arranged for someone to come and collect them.
I was then accused of stealing and that the warranty on the PC I had recently bought would be void. I'm pretty sure that this is illegal.
I have since been contacted by someone from PCS who is coming to collect them off their own back. Appreciated - but I think this is the person who made the mistake in the first place.

I think PCS should make all their customer facing staff familiar with this site and article.
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nireland/consumer_ni/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_problems_with_delivery_e/consumer_unsolicited_goods_e/youve_received_goods_or_services_you_didnt_ask_for_distance_sales.htm

I had been very happy with the service from PCS up until today. I think it's totally unacceptable to be treated like that when someone less honest would have just kept them and said nothing.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I ordered some speakers from PCS which I actually collected (saved them some pennies on delivery) but then the same speakers actually arrived today.
Being the honest guy I am I called and asked them to arrange to pick these up as I'd already got them. This is where it went down-hill...
I was asked to send them back at my inconvenience and expense and would be refunded up to the amount of £10. Not happy. This was not my mistake and I asked that they advise me when they would arrange for someone to come and collect them and I would ensure I was there. No. I have to post them.
Why should I have to spend time and money to correct something that wasn't my fault. I said that the speakers would remain at my home until they arranged for someone to come and collect them.
I was then accused of stealing and that the warranty on the PC I had recently bought would be void. I'm pretty sure that this is illegal.
I have since been contacted by someone from PCS who is coming to collect them off their own back. Appreciated - but I think this is the person who made the mistake in the first place.

I think PCS should make all their customer facing staff familiar with this site and article.
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nireland/consumer_ni/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_problems_with_delivery_e/consumer_unsolicited_goods_e/youve_received_goods_or_services_you_didnt_ask_for_distance_sales.htm

I had been very happy with the service from PCS up until today. I think it's totally unacceptable to be treated like that when someone less honest would have just kept them and said nothing.

gutted to hear about that mate.

But nice good information on the link! Good stuff to know!

PaulH

Bright Spark

I do apologise you feel this way - The speakers are being collected from you tonight I believe and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I will say one thing however, you were not accused of stealing, when you said that you would just keep the speakers the operative said that would be like stealing - the way you have worded it above is totally unfair.

In the other few instanced this has occurred people are happy to post back any items and receive a full postage refund, that is fine if you aren't and as said, we will send someone round tonight and do appreciate your honesty.

MrWalshy

An apology from someone at last. Thank you.

I appreciate you replying PaulH - I said that I would keep them until you came to collect them. You said you wouldn't collect them and that if I kept them that would be stealing. As far as your colleague was concerned because I was keeping them I was stealing. To clarify keeping them would not be stealing.

And threatening to void my warranty too on a totally separate item, it seemed like your colleague was just trying to wind me up even more. Who came up with that ridiculous idea?

I work in customer service and would be horrified if someone on my treated a customer like that.

PaulH

Bright Spark
Again, apologies, hopefully with the collection of the speakers we can put an end to this rigmarole.

oli090

Enthusiast
Go to hear you got it sorted "Walshy".
I know its me who lives here but the fact that I would have to spend nearly £40 out of my pocket and only get £10 back is unacceptable as it wasnt my fault and because where i live has no difference on their mistakes along with i still didn't get my Sata Cable :(

I had 3 friends who are brothers and have been saving up for a while (im young) and were planning to buy from here identical machines in the next few months. After this, their buying parts individually from Amazon and such.

steaky360

Go to hear you got it sorted "Walshy".
I know its me who lives here but the fact that I would have to spend nearly £40 out of my pocket and only get £10 back is unacceptable as it wasnt my fault and because where i live has no difference on their mistakes along with i still didn't get my Sata Cable :(

I had 3 friends who are brothers and have been saving up for a while (im young) and were planning to buy from here identical machines in the next few months. After this, their buying parts individually from Amazon and such.

Surely that's going to cost you a LOT more in delivery charges? Very few companies offer free delivery to Shetland as far as I know :( It is wrong that you are out of pocket though, have you tried to call PCS back to see if you can get a better outcome for yourself?

oli090

Enthusiast
I have it mostly sorted now this was really feedback and review for what happened and what it cost me to order from these people. Btw i paid extra for delivery to Shetland so i know its not the same.

steaky360

I have it mostly sorted now this was really feedback and review for what happened and what it cost me to order from these people. Btw i paid extra for delivery to Shetland so i know its not the same.

Ah thats good then, at least its been made right in the end!

oli090

Enthusiast
After a month, still not got my SATA cable and because ive been harassing them for my keyboard over the last month getting angry at them for there mistakes they know my name. Im trying to end this whole polava and get my SATA cable and be done. But every time i go on chat they leave the conversation after 15 mins of this i tried a different name and got through strait away! Thats bull.

steaky360

After a month, still not got my SATA cable and because ive been harassing them for my keyboard over the last month getting angry at them for there mistakes they know my name. Im trying to end this whole polava and get my SATA cable and be done. But every time i go on chat they leave the conversation after 15 mins of this i tried a different name and got through strait away! Thats bull.

I'd honestly say thats a coincidence, I can't see what benefit PCS will have in ignoring the problem bud. I understand your annoyance and sympathise with you. But I really think thats a coincidence, the live chat service is not without its flaws.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I've arranged for a SATA cable to be sent to you.

We have had some internet trouble today causing service cutouts and false connections on Livechat leaving a few people less than amused, so I do apologise.

steaky360

How do you know where i live 0_o

Your account will be linked to the account you used to purchase your PC - Jak works for PCS and will be able to access your account internally and ship something to you...

Or at least I'm guessing that is what it is... that or magic... :) Hope you get the cable soon!

Boozad

Prolific Poster
How do you know where i live 0_o

They sent me an 8GB USB drive (for writing a review) and a Sim City game card (for purchasing an A10 processor) without me giving them my address again. Once they have it along with your account number and email address they just send stuff out to your address.