Poor status updates

MattHam

The status of my laptop was "processing" and "preproduction" for I believe over 2 weeks, then it was "in building" for 4-5 days then it was being tested and doing the quality control for 30 mins!!!. I am not sure it even updated the status on the website I just got an email telling me it was being tested and then the quality control which together can take up to 3 days or something. It just jumped to "awaiting dispatch" and it has been "awating dispatch" for over 24 hours and I have no idea if I can trust the status/emails or not. At one point I got an email telling me it was currently being tested and yet on the website it said it was still being built...I logged onto the chat and they told me its both being tested and still in the building location.

My suggestion is to improve the status updates so we know whats going on. Getting this laptop will make a big difference to my job and it would benefit me a lot if I knew with some reasonable accuracy at what stage my order is at.

Harun677

Hey Matt,

Maybe the testing came back with a fault so they had to go back to building?
They do say if a fault is found it goes back to buidling till the problem is found.
Do you have any notes next to your laptop status?

Regards,

harun

MattHam

No notes. It is not the time that bothers me, everything takes time and quality definately takes time. I am just suggesting an improved status system. It has been dispatched though, annoying part is It was waiting to be dispatched at 11:30am yesterday and because its only been dispatched 1pm today I wont get it till monday, damn I hate waiting, born impatient!

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Also keep in mind that the time stamp against a particular stage might suffer from "lag" of the person involved not entering it immediately, therefore creating an illusion of Built > Test > QC in half and hour, when it could have been longer. As pointed out in the other thread, it will never be in PCS's interests to send out untested kit, as it will just come back and cause more delays than they have with just new builds :)

Not saying the status updates couldn't be better, but I know i'd rather they were working on building and testing mine and other's rigs and forgetting to update the status than focusing on the admin side and making that 100%...only to miss something in the machine itself! :D