Popping the lid Coolermastere HAF-X

Havok

Hi there

I have a Coolermaster HAF-X full tower you made for me back in 2013. It has a H100i water cooler fitted and one of the rad fans on top has a bad bearing. I am impressed with how long it has lasted.

I have 2 new noctua fans to replace the 2 on top of the rad. I have watched a couple of YT videos on removing the top of the case.

My query. How do I get my fingers up inside the top (past the rad) to pop the clips to remove the top of the case? I am assuming you professionals have some arcane method of this... or are mutants with extra long fingers :p
Note the fans are on top of the rad and screwed from the top

any assistance would be appreciated..... before my bf gets a crowbar

many thanks

Sam

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Few of us on here work for PCS, we're just happy customers who like to help out. Your safest option (safe for your fingers that is!) would be to phone PCS and ask. :)

steaky360

If i remember correctly @keynes had a HAF-X he might be able to shed some light on how to get into it.

As Ubuysa has suggested phoning PCS is definitely a good option as they'll be able to talk you through it. Alternatively you could also check out a youtube build guide video which might help identify how to pop the top off.