Porsche branded AOC Agon 4k 144Hz monitor

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Porsche PD32M

Branding done right, but the price of course is crazy at $1800 IN THE US, it will likely be more expensive over here if you can get it.

But does look like a good monitor overall, and great in built speakers which is unusual in any gaming monitor.

It's Mini LED, 1152 local dimming zones, so true HDR

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You do wonder who buys this kind of stuff. Sounds like a perfectly good monitor, but what is it, double the price of the model without the Porsche badge? Incomprehensible...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You do wonder who buys this kind of stuff. Sounds like a perfectly good monitor, but what is it, double the price of the model without the Porsche badge? Incomprehensible...
That's the thing, I wonder if AOC sell it without the branding and what the differences are.

CMP01

Enthusiast
No ultrawide, no good.

(he said, glancing fondly at his £450 screen...)

This reminded me of that Ferrari badged gaming worthy Toshiba laptop that was quite desirable about 12 years ago. Though tbf that wasn't too pricey over the competition, part for part/frame for frame etc.
But yeah, you're still paying over the odds for the branding and badge even if the actual difference vs other, cheaper products is not that much.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've had Porsche Design branded LaCie hard drives in the past...and they were highly regard for being sturdy and aesthetically-pleasing (compared to the boring black/beige boxes that most external HDs came in. Nowadays the standard ruggedised LaCie ones are fine for me.

Don't forget that this isn't a monitor by 'Porsche' the car marque, but by 'Porsche Design' the design studio...but yes, they are now 100% owned Porsche subsidiary.

Until about 5 years ago, Porsche Design was owned by the Porsche family...even after VAG bought Porsche...and Porsche then bought the remaining share.

In some cases (i.e. the commodity-level products) it will be a simple white-label & rebrand activity...but in others Porsche Design will ask for partners to produce something specific...to PD's own design. Of course, other times the product manufacturer will approach PD with a 'mutually beneficial' opportunity to peddle their tat with the PD/Porsche name attached.