Portable 1tb USB 3 drive needed

Pete

Bright Spark
Hi all

Before HDD manfacturers were flooded i bought a Western Digital MyPassport (i think) the quick one, not the slower blocky one. for about £70
Now i find that occasionally it's making a bit of a clicking noise, so it's time to get a backup for my backup. But prices for WD still seem high, around £100 for the same drive.

So finally getting to the questions, are PCS stocking portable drives and what are the prices ?

Also any feedback on a good replacement would be appreciated. I do find that that WD connection to the drive feels delicate (on both drives that i own) as i do occasionally move it about, i would like to make sure it's a bit more ruggedized.

maybe...
Buffalo 1TB MiniStation Plus Portable Hard Drive - USB3.0 - Shock Proof - £85 ???
http://www.ebuyer.com/291299-buffal...hard-drive-usb3-0-shock-proof-hd-pnt1-0u3b-eu

Thanks
Pete

Finn

Enthusiast
I have a samsung S2 USB3 1tb portable that I have no complaints about but the prices looks similar to the WD ones (They were half that when I bought it!)

Pete

Bright Spark
thanks for the feedback, i went with ebuyer in the end; i was at work so couldn't phone pcs up but i didn't hear from them on this thread and i waited on the live support for over 20 mins... cheapest that i could find with good reviews.

i'm sure the way forward will be flash/ssd portable drives but the weak point is always going to be the connector... unless they have wifi and powered via a mat, like a mobile phone - i should probably go to the patent office right now, also with my idea of a tension sheet made from bubble wrap but painted red.

Corfate

Author Level
My buffalo ministation clicks, and it's definitely on its way out. Can't backup p it and it sometimes vanishes off windows. Got a replacement being sent by amazon after getting a replacement form from buffalo themselves (it was out of amazons 1 year warranty).

:)