Possibly returning my new build!

ImStefan

Ok, can you upload any dump files which are stored in %SystemRoot%\Minidump folder or if that’s empty try C:\Windows\memory.dmp
it is saying i dont have permission to open the dump file?
there are two of them

Attachments

• dump pig.png
    dump pig.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 208

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
When I click attach file the don’t show up in the folder. But when I look threw my documents they do show up...?
They will be much too big to attach here.

Do you use Dropbox, One Drive, Google Drive etc.? With any one of those you just drag and drop into the appropriate folder and then post the link here.

Via Tapatalk

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The first dump was caused by a kernel mode driver (win32kfull.sys) though that might not be the actual driver that caused the problem because it's a Windows component, it's more likely it's the driver that detected the problem.

The second dump was caused by the Nvidia graphics driver (nvlddmkm.sys) and that's quite possibly the original driver in the first dump too.

The exception code in both cases (0xc0000005) indicates a memory access violation. I would thus suggest that the next thing to do is download Memtest, make a bootable USB stick with that, boot that USB stick and allow Memtest to run overnight. The free version will only do 4 iterations of the various tests but that's enough to highlight most RAM issues.

See how that goes.

ImStefan

The first dump was caused by a kernel mode driver (win32kfull.sys) though that might not be the actual driver that caused the problem because it's a Windows component, it's more likely it's the driver that detected the problem.

The second dump was caused by the Nvidia graphics driver (nvlddmkm.sys) and that's quite possibly the original driver in the first dump too.

The exception code in both cases (0xc0000005) indicates a memory access violation. I would thus suggest that the next thing to do is download Memtest, make a bootable USB stick with that, boot that USB stick and allow Memtest to run overnight. The free version will only do 4 iterations of the various tests but that's enough to highlight most RAM issues.

See how that goes.
What size does the usb have to be?

ImStefan

Hi guys, so i completely wiped my PC and reinstalled windows etc. I also got a family member (who works in a pc repair shop) to look at it after we reinstalled windows and it was still blue screening so it is obviously a hardware problem.

I also just sat on hold to this company for 45 minutes then got told to leave a voicemail or hang up!
WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi guys, so i completely wiped my PC and reinstalled windows etc. I also got a family member (who works in a pc repair shop) to look at it after we reinstalled windows and it was still blue screening so it is obviously a hardware problem.

I also just sat on hold to this company for 45 minutes then got told to leave a voicemail or hang up!
WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!
What was the BSOD reason? Do you have any dumps either in the C:\Windiws\Minidumps folder or a C:\Windows\MEMORY. DMP file? If you do, upload them to the cloud somewhere and post a link to them here, they may reveal the cause of the BSOD.

When you reinstalled Windows did you do that from bootable media? Did you erase existing partitions? Where did you source all the drivers?

The vast majority of BSODs are caused by wrong, missing, or imporerly installed drivers.

Be VERY careful before you allow 'your friend from a repair shop' to do anything. If you take any PCS build to a third party for work you risk losing your warranty.

ImStefan

What was the BSOD reason? Do you have any dumps either in the C:\Windiws\Minidumps folder or a C:\Windows\MEMORY. DMP file? If you do, upload them to the cloud somewhere and post a link to them here, they may reveal the cause of the BSOD.

When you reinstalled Windows did you do that from bootable media? Did you erase existing partitions? Where did you source all the drivers?

The vast majority of BSODs are caused by wrong, missing, or imporerly installed drivers.

Be VERY careful before you allow 'your friend from a repair shop' to do anything. If you take any PCS build to a third party for work you risk losing your warranty.

My cousin done most of the reinstalling drivers etc as he knows more about computers than i do. Everything was totally erased from the pc. I have 2 dump files i will upload them when they are uploaded to one drive.
The pc is less than 30 days old. Paying for a company to build and provide a pc for you you dont expect to have to do any of this...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
My cousin done most of the reinstalling drivers etc as he knows more about computers than i do. Everything was totally erased from the pc. I have 2 dump files i will upload them when they are uploaded to one drive.
The pc is less than 30 days old. Paying for a company to build and provide a pc for you you dont expect to have to do any of this...
That's not entirely true. Custom builds are nothing like buying ready built off the shelf from a store. It's not uncommon to encounter minor issues and being at least able to perform a clean install of Windows and drivers is expected.

Please upload the dumps and I'll see whether there is anything useful in them. [emoji846]