post beeps.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
So when turning my new pc on. i get 1 long beep followed by 3 short. The pc still starts and i have not had any crashes at all.
the research i have found says its a graphics card problem. but its been playing games fine. has anyone else had the same issue?

mother board is a ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
This is what the ASUS FAQs say.

4. "One long and three short beeps" from speaker

An anomaly is detected in the graphic card. If the graphic card needs an extra power supply, please ensure the power supply can provide enough wattage.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's a bug on the board, if you turn it off then power on the monitor before booting the PC so it's actually fullly on and not in sleep, then it will boot without beeps.

The solution is to try a different cable, ie, if you're using DP, switch to HDMI, or just to power on the monitor before booting.

It's not an issue though, there's nothing wrong with the build.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
It's a bug on the board, if you turn it off then power on the monitor before booting the PC so it's actually fullly on and not in sleep, then it will boot without beeps.

The solution is to try a different cable, ie, if you're using DP, switch to HDMI, or just to power on the monitor before booting.

Thank you. Will try this later on and let you know how it goes.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster

Hello. so just turning on the monitor works. thank you for the suggestion and quick response Spyder