Potential Airflow Issue

njmarkham

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Guys,
I'm hoping someone maybe able to advise. I am close to getting the optimus 17inch and I can see from the pics that the GPU vent is on the bottom. Whilst this is not unheard of I was thinking coupled with the use of a laptop cooling pad the GPU vent is trying to vent air out, whilst potentially getting pushed back in with a cooling pad underneath.

Any thoughts on this guys? Hope this doesn't come across as nonsense as it is a genuine concern.

Thanks in advance.

AAHALL

Enthusiast
from the video of the optimus 17inch you can see a large exhaust vent at the rear of the computer, with the cooling vent on the bottom of the computer as shown in the pictures

njmarkham

Bronze Level Poster
from the video of the optimus 17inch you can see a large exhaust vent at the rear of the computer, with the cooling vent on the bottom of the computer as shown in the pictures

Yes the vent on bottom is the one that I am talking about, does this blow air out or suck air in?

Thanks.

AAHALL

Enthusiast
the cooling vent will suck air in, the other vent on the bottom i assume are just holes where air can be pumped in by a cooling stand