Potential PSU blown

SiAdams

Well it's been two years and I think my PSU has died.

Heard a little pop and now PC won't turn on. No lights, fans nothing 😒

Spoke to PCS though and RMA submitted.

Fingers crossed its just the PSU. I didn't feel comfortable changing the PSU myself.

Spoke to a really nice lad on the phone though. They really are a decent company. So glad I chose PCS now

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well it's been two years and I think my PSU has died.

Heard a little pop and now PC won't turn on. No lights, fans nothing 😒

Spoke to PCS though and RMA submitted.

Fingers crossed its just the PSU. I didn't feel comfortable changing the PSU myself.

Spoke to a really nice lad on the phone though. They really are a decent company. So glad I chose PCS now
Oooo, that's unusual, although always a risk with any PSU that there will be a defect out of the factory. A few years ago there was a definite batch of problematic PSU's that were blowing fairly quickly on new systems, but generally, Corsair PSU's are amongst the most reliable.

PCS will sort it for you though, glad you've got the RMA underway, keep us posted.

SiAdams

I'm really glad you guys pointed me to Corsair! Hopefully it's not blown other components 😒

Yeah its just unlucky mate. It happens though.

Back on the laptop for a bit.

SiAdams

Bit of an update.

ordered the additional packaging from PCS. It came today. PC now fully packed with extra foam and DPD will collect tomorrow.

pretty slick process so far.

SiAdams

Hi Guys,

PC arrived with PCS today. Now its the daunting waiting game... I think everyone should prey that it's only a faulty PSU :ROFLMAO:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Guys,

PC arrived with PCS today. Now its the daunting waiting game... I think everyone should prey that it's only a faulty PSU :ROFLMAO:
Fingers crossed, keep us posted! Are you still under warranty? The PSU will still be under manufacturers warranty even if your warranty with PCS has expired, so we know that part is covered. The warranty on Corsair PSU's of that caliber is 5 years I believe

SiAdams

Fingers crossed, keep us posted! Are you still under warranty? The PSU will still be under manufacturers warranty even if your warranty with PCS has expired, so we know that part is covered. The warranty on Corsair PSU's of that caliber is 5 years I believe
Yeah I think it's maybe 10 years warranty for the PSU but I have read that they only supply a refurbished one if warranty is used?
Therefore I'm not sure if I should just pay for a new one. I only had silver warranty (Kicking myself now) but labour costs are still covered under warranty.

I'm hoping if it has blown some of the other components that there should be some warranty on each component. Not sure about Asus motherboards. I think they only issue a 1 year warranty.

Ill keep you guys posted though and let you know outcome.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I think it's maybe 10 years warranty for the PSU but I have read that they only supply a refurbished one if warranty is used?
I think often if manufacturers warranty is still in place you’d just get a new one, they don’t use refurbished parts at all.

Therefore I'm not sure if I should just pay for a new one. I only had silver warranty (Kicking myself now) but labour costs are still covered under warranty.
Yeah, so the parts cost is covered under manufacturers warranty, you’ll get a brand new unit. If labour costs are covered then PCS will fit it free if you want them to.

SiAdams

I think often if manufacturers warranty is still in place you’d just get a new one, they don’t use refurbished parts at all.

Yeah, so the parts cost is covered under manufacturers warranty, you’ll get a brand new unit. If labour costs are covered then PCS will fit it free if you want them to.
Sounds good. Let's see what happens. It's only 2 years old so I may get lucky even if some parts need replacing. I wish I had got the gold warranty now but I think I'm just unlucky this happened so early on.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sounds good. Let's see what happens. It's only 2 years old so I may get lucky even if some parts need replacing. I wish I had got the gold warranty now but I think I'm just unlucky this happened so early on.
I very much doubt the PSU would have taken anything else out anyway if it does turn out to be the psu

SiAdams

Good morning guys.

I have had an update from PCS. I assume this might be a automatic message they send out once RMA received but still nice to have some sort of update.

We are currently processing your RMA (number XXXXX) and we aim to dispatch your return as soon as possible. We are aware that your return has been with us for three days and we apologise for any inconvenience caused while your return is back with us.

As soon as we have any information on your return we will contact you by email and a text message if you entered your mobile phone number. Once your return is completed it will be authorised for quality control. In quality control one of our engineers will attempt to mimic any faults that may have occurred. If we are satisfied that the return is completed your return will be dispatched back to you that same day

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good morning guys.

I have had an update from PCS. I assume this might be a automatic message they send out once RMA received but still nice to have some sort of update.

We are currently processing your RMA (number XXXXX) and we aim to dispatch your return as soon as possible. We are aware that your return has been with us for three days and we apologise for any inconvenience caused while your return is back with us.

As soon as we have any information on your return we will contact you by email and a text message if you entered your mobile phone number. Once your return is completed it will be authorised for quality control. In quality control one of our engineers will attempt to mimic any faults that may have occurred. If we are satisfied that the return is completed your return will be dispatched back to you that same day
It won't be long now, I'm sure, keep us posted

SiAdams

So this came up on my RMA tracking feed. It looks like they are replacing the PSU. Fingers crossed!

Your Component RMAs
Order No.ItemCreatedDispatchedStatusInfo
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET04-10-2023N/ARMA ReplacementView

SiAdams

Here we go guys 😊

We have completed the RMA of your system,

We have replaced your power supply as your old one had failed. We popped a power supply tester onto your original one and this confirmed it had failed. Once your PSU was replaced your system operated correctly.

Our team took extensive measures to ensure that the system is fully operational and free of faults. To rule out any hardware or software issues, the system was subjected to an overnight stress test. We are pleased to report that the system passed these tests without any further faults replicated.

As the system has been cleared by a second technician's quality control checks, we are confident that it is in excellent working condition.

We hope that this repair has met your expectations and that it restores your confidence in our products and services. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the repair, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Here we go guys 😊

We have completed the RMA of your system,

We have replaced your power supply as your old one had failed. We popped a power supply tester onto your original one and this confirmed it had failed. Once your PSU was replaced your system operated correctly.

Our team took extensive measures to ensure that the system is fully operational and free of faults. To rule out any hardware or software issues, the system was subjected to an overnight stress test. We are pleased to report that the system passed these tests without any further faults replicated.

As the system has been cleared by a second technician's quality control checks, we are confident that it is in excellent working condition.

We hope that this repair has met your expectations and that it restores your confidence in our products and services. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the repair, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team.
Amazing, such good news!

I really need to pick up a decent PSU tester, they're worth their weight in gold.

SiAdams

The beast is back! The turn around from PCS has been fantastic.

Thanks for all the support guys!
IMG_20231006_172234_(1631_x_2300_pixel).jpg