Power adaptor loose.

thegreb

Bronze Level Poster
The screen on my laptop isn't the only problem it currently has. The power adaptor is also loose where it connects to to the laptop, and only charges when the adaptor is held up
It seems to droop if not held in place, as if the port is stretched somehow. I hook the lead over the top corner of the laptop, which holds it up until I move my knee and it falls off the top. Is there a simple fix for this, or will I have to buy another component to fix it?

Last edited:

steaky360

If the power adaptor is loose and its making the laptop not work properly my advice would be to get in touch with PCS and request an RMA as something is clearly not right.

They might be able to either fix it for you, or replace the required components (whole chassis if required I guess) and send it back to you.

thegreb

Bronze Level Poster
I'll have to get in touch with them tomorrow. I hope it won't cost me too much, as only last week I had to buy a replacement screen which cost me £54.

thegreb

Bronze Level Poster
I doubt it. I was in the 3rd year of a 3 Year Standard Warranty, but I took the laptop apart to replace the screen.