Power Options - Balanced Vs High Performance?

Vanch

Hey guys,

I wonder if you can help me out. I use my PC for gaming mainly & below are my current PC specs:

OS - Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)
Power Supply - Thermaltake Toughpower 750w
HDD - 300gb
CPU - 3.2Ghz Intel Core i5 2500k
Ram - 8gb DDR 3
Video Card - 1.2gb nVidia GeForce GTX 570

I purchased this PC a few years back and it has been brilliant for me so far. I know that I'll probably have to upgrade some time in the future, but I'm trying to get the most out of it while I still have it.

Anyway, I have read a few things about setting the Power Options (in Control Panel) to 'High Performance'. It is currently on 'Balanced' and has been since I bought the PC. I was just wondering if you guys suggest switching to High Performance. Will I get less lag/better performance when gaming? What exactly will it change? Or should I just leave it on Balanced?

Thanks.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
It is not going to make any difference in performance, it just saves power if you are not using the computer.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
On a desktop it mainly just changes how long the screen stays on for when you don't use the computer. How long before the computer goes to sleep and stuff like that. if you go into the advanced settings it shows exactly what it does with everything from USB ports to PCIe cards.

Long story short just leave it alone as it wont give you better performance when gaming.

achilleus11

Like it was said above, it will not make much of a diffrence bro
sig.jpg