Power supply query

John_c

Hi,

I have recently been looking into running a inverter from a 24v Hgv battery to 240v (pure sine wave) inverter, then plug the laptop cable with chicony 19.5v 11.8amp power brick to supply my gaming laptop.

However someone has suggested instead of going dc - ac - dc and due to power output from power brick being less than output from battery just to go dc - dc.

Does this sound right, what dc - dc adapter would people recommend and yes I have a 24v auxiliary power output (cigarette lighter attachment) which is only 10amp, would this require bypassing and wire straight to battery?

Any help appreciated, TIA John

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I have recently been looking into running a inverter from a 24v Hgv battery to 240v (pure sine wave) inverter, then plug the laptop cable with chicony 19.5v 11.8amp power brick to supply my gaming laptop.

However someone has suggested instead of going dc - ac - dc and due to power output from power brick being less than output from battery just to go dc - dc.

Does this sound right, what dc - dc adapter would people recommend and yes I have a 24v auxiliary power output (cigarette lighter attachment) which is only 10amp, would this require bypassing and wire straight to battery?

Any help appreciated, TIA John
Not sure this is the right forum for that, you really need some kind of electronics forum.