Powerglide 24" Extended Information Request

dangro474

Bright Spark
Dear PCS,

Your new range of AIO systems looks amazing and I am definitely interested in your 24" model, however I have a few questions prior to placing an order as well as a request for extended system specifications.

I will mainly use the system for gaming but would also like to use the screen for freeview TV and console gaming.

• Would you allow me to send some of my components to you? (mainly 680 GTX GPU)
  • Is the case easy to work with for self upgrade / maintenance?
  • Does the chassis use desktop or laptop memory? (sorry if this was stated, couldn't find it).
  • Does the TV connector include built in freeview? (i'm guessing not, but worth asking :D)
  • Will the screen allow for switchable input devices (like any other screen) as well as being usable in Windows? (Like the Viper II and III HDMI-in with Game Mate) Or just one of the two?
  • Does it have an internal PSU, or does it come with a beast of an adapter? What is the maximum output of the PSU and efficiency rating? Can we purchase a spare? (if external)
  • What are the noise levels like compared to your standard desktop with multiple fans? Such as an Antec 900, HAF 932 etc.

Regarding the screen itself, could you please confirm its specs for the following:

• Contrast Ratio
  • Response Time
  • Viewing Angles
  • Brightness

Cheers!

p.s. Any new ETA on the 680M Vortex III chassis?

- Dan

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dan

Firstly, please let me make you aware the the current stock do not currently include TV tuner modules. Stock on these will be due in shortly.

1. You are welcome to send your your own GTX 680 to install providing that it is dual slot and not bigger.

2. The chassis is designed so that future upgrades are very easy to carry out - you just need to remove the back cover (around 6 screws) and then upgrading the CPU/GPU/RAM/Wi-Fi/ODD/HDD is straight forward.

3. The chassis uses laptop ODD, RAM and desktop GPU, CPU. There is 1 x 3.5"/2.5" HDD sot and 1 x 2.5" hot swappable HDD slot.

4. It will do once it is offered with this chassis.

5. It can be used as a monitor for other devices, such as laptop and tablets, through an HDMI-In port as well as an operating system switch function that allows to turn on the screen without having to turn on the computer itself.

6. It comes with 1 x 180W PSU by default, which is enough to power all the components. The GPU can take up to 2 x 180W adapters. Spares will be available to purchase in the near future.

7. This system runs extremely quiet and the noise levels are actually quieter than a desktop because the PSUs are fanless.

Regarding the screen, at present we do not have the specific information you require. I can of course state that on looking at it myself the viewing angle is at least 170 degrees either side and the contrast, brightness etc look as good, if not better than any other screen on the market.

Back to your question about notebooks - the 680M is due mid to end ofJuly. :)

1zikki

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Dan

Firstly, please let me make you aware the the current stock do not currently include TV tuner modules. Stock on these will be due in shortly.

1. You are welcome to send your your own GTX 680 to install providing that it is dual slot and not bigger.

2. The chassis is designed so that future upgrades are very easy to carry out - you just need to remove the back cover (around 6 screws) and then upgrading the CPU/GPU/RAM/Wi-Fi/ODD/HDD is straight forward.

3. The chassis uses laptop ODD, RAM and desktop GPU, CPU. There is 1 x 3.5"/2.5" HDD sot and 1 x 2.5" hot swappable HDD slot.

4. It will do once it is offered with this chassis.

5. It can be used as a monitor for other devices, such as laptop and tablets, through an HDMI-In port as well as an operating system switch function that allows to turn on the screen without having to turn on the computer itself.

6. It comes with 1 x 180W PSU by default, which is enough to power all the components. The GPU can take up to 2 x 180W adapters. Spares will be available to purchase in the near future.

7. This system runs extremely quiet and the noise levels are actually quieter than a desktop because the PSUs are fanless.

Regarding the screen, at present we do not have the specific information you require. I can of course state that on looking at it myself the viewing angle is at least 170 degrees either side and the contrast, brightness etc look as good, if not better than any other screen on the market.

Back to your question about notebooks - the 680M is due mid to end ofJuly. :)

So does this mean that if I get the GTX 680 I will have to buy 2 separate 180W adapters?

dangro474

Bright Spark
Thank you for the prompt reply, it looks very promising :D

If possible could you please confirm whether a setup including a 3570K, a single 3.5" HDD and a Geforce 670 would require more than one adapter?

I've decided to upgrade all of my hardware this year, so far it looks like I'll have to set around £4k aside.. (powerglide, vortex III and W110ER) it'll definitely be worth it though.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the details of the 24" PowerGlide screen:

powerglide_screen.jpg

dangro474

Bright Spark
Thank you for the info.

If you are able to confirm the screens contrast ration, response time and brightness please let us know

Cheers

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately this is all we have at present. As soon as we have any further information we will let you know.

Dom20002005

Dear PCS,

Your new range of AIO systems looks amazing and I am definitely interested in your 24" model, however I have a few questions prior to placing an order as well as a request for extended system specifications.

I will mainly use the system for gaming but would also like to use the screen for freeview TV and console gaming.

• Would you allow me to send some of my components to you? (mainly 680 GTX GPU)
  • Is the case easy to work with for self upgrade / maintenance?
  • Does the chassis use desktop or laptop memory? (sorry if this was stated, couldn't find it).
  • Does the TV connector include built in freeview? (i'm guessing not, but worth asking :D)
  • Will the screen allow for switchable input devices (like any other screen) as well as being usable in Windows? (Like the Viper II and III HDMI-in with Game Mate) Or just one of the two?
  • Does it have an internal PSU, or does it come with a beast of an adapter? What is the maximum output of the PSU and efficiency rating? Can we purchase a spare? (if external)
  • What are the noise levels like compared to your standard desktop with multiple fans? Such as an Antec 900, HAF 932 etc.

Regarding the screen itself, could you please confirm its specs for the following:

• Contrast Ratio
  • Response Time
  • Viewing Angles
  • Brightness

Cheers!

p.s. Any new ETA on the 680M Vortex III chassis?

- Dan

Let me first of all say this product could not be any more perfectly suited for my needs at the minute, I cannot believe how awesome it is! There isnt any hidden drawbacks Im overlooking? Can I just ask, you said the current stock dont include TV tuner modules. Do you know when these modules will be brought in and are they difficult to install at a later date? I would also like to enquire as to why the options for keyboard and mice are so limited in the configure interface? I am heavily considering purchasing this seemingly great device primarily for gaming and it would be nice to have your full array of gaming mice and keyboards availible! Thanks!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums :)

The TV tuner modules will be in stock in around 1 month's time. They are pretty easy to install - they just fit into the mini PCIe port on the motherboard.

The gaming keyboards and mice had not been added to the configurator - these have now been added :)

dangro474

Bright Spark
Dear PCS,

Could you please explain how the touch functionality of the screen works? such as how your standard mouse clicks would work, and if a touchscreen keyboard ha sbeen implimented? Or am I completely missing the point :D

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Not quite sure what you're asking here...you can use a keyboard and mouse as normal and/or instantly use your fingers to touch the screen. For example touching on an "x" will close down a window, or touching the start menu will open this, etc. To right click you hold your finger on and touch with the other.

dangro474

Bright Spark
Not quite sure what you're asking here...you can use a keyboard and mouse as normal and/or instantly use your fingers to touch the screen. For example touching on an "x" will close down a window, or touching the start menu will open this, etc. To right click you hold your finger on and touch with the other.

That's pretty much answered my question completely, thank you.

Has a touch keyboard been implimented in any way?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Yes there is a touch keyboard in W7 by default although I can't comment on how good it is. Best thing about this system is when you install W8 - it will be fantastic!

iq-dot

I've just noticed this item myself and seems to be quite an attractive piece. The only concern for me is however the need for multiple power sockets, I guess it's not possible to have multiple adapters feeding from a single power socket?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I've just noticed this item myself and seems to be quite an attractive piece. The only concern for me is however the need for multiple power sockets, I guess it's not possible to have multiple adapters feeding from a single power socket?

If you order a GTX 670/GTX 680 based system then you will need three power sockets (2 for the GPU and one for the system). This is only one more socket than a desktop PC with monitor. If you order a standard system with a graphics card that requires no additional power then you will only need 1 socket in total. A mid-range graphics card will require 1 power adapter, making the system use two sockets in total.

iq-dot

I notice that we have 2 drives, 1 is 3gb/s and 1 is hot-swappable. So I have three questions:

1) Are both 3gb/s, is there no chance to have them both as 6gb/s, it will seriously improve the aspect of using the latest SSD's.
2) Can you set-them those up as RAID?
3) The hot-swappable drive, is there an easy access to remove/insert the drive?

Thanks

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
1. Both are 3GB/s and we cannot upgrade them to 6GB/s unfortunately.

2. RAID is not supported on this chassis. In theory you might be able to remove the ODD and configure RAID using a HDD caddy, but we are not offering this option, not have we tested it.

3. Here is the image of where you insert the removable drive in the top of the chassis. Once inserted is protrudes by around 2cm (so that it can be removed again):

13_big.jpg

rhx123

This is more of a technical question: How are you getting the output of the GPU onto the screen? In the pictures, there is nothing going from the output ports on the video card to the chassis. Are you using Vertu or something similar?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The output goes through the PCI-E port using similar technology to Nvidia Optimus, like what is in laptops. The system will switch from the integrated graphics to the Nvidia GPU as required. You do not need to use the external GPU ports.