pre build PC help needed

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
You're not really going to get a decent "cheap" monitor. Around £150 is what you should expect to pay regardless.

The first thing I would do would be to look at the back of your PC and see which connections are on there. If it definitely doesn't have DP I would be both surprised and a little disappointed.

Skippy2010

Bronze Level Poster
You're not really going to get a decent "cheap" monitor. Around £150 is what you should expect to pay regardless.

The first thing I would do would be to look at the back of your PC and see which connections are on there. If it definitely doesn't have DP I would be both surprised and a little disappointed.
i've just looked, only 2 ports, hdmi which i am using to hook pc up to smart tv and what looks like a dvi port.

Skippy2010

Bronze Level Poster
Are you looking at the graphics card or the other connectors?

I really think it should have a display port
I think I'm looking at the graphics card. I can see it through the glass side and I've got an hdmi cable plugged in to hook it up to the TV as my other monitor only has vga input.
Next to the hdmi port is what I'm sure is a Dvi port.
Can't see anymore connections on it.
I'll go take a photo.
I've also looked at the build spec and on the graphics card it says hdmi. On other graphics cards it says DP, but not one I have.

Skippy2010

Bronze Level Poster
Are you looking at the graphics card or the other connectors?

I really think it should have a display port.

Edit: sorry the gddr5 version doesn't

So given the card I have, any suggestions for a decent monitor? Doesn't seem to be much point paying for a monitor with adaptive sync that needs a DP when I don't have it and can't make use of it
Thanks.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
So given the card I have, any suggestions for a decent monitor? Doesn't seem to be much point paying for a monitor with adaptive sync that needs a DP when I don't have it and can't make use of it
Thanks.

Most decent monitors will have adaptive sync anyway, was kind of my point really. You would be looking to pay around £150 for a decent panel :)

Skippy2010

Bronze Level Poster
Most decent monitors will have adaptive sync anyway, was kind of my point really. You would be looking to pay around £150 for a decent panel :)
Ah OK, thanks. I didn't know if it was an added extra or something.
So will the one I mentioned the AOC G2778VQ 27" Widescreen a good buy for the price? Or is there something better for the money?
Kids are very chuffed with new PC as fortnite works on it. 😊
Thanks

Skippy2010

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you. The one I posted does come in 24", thought a bigger one would be better. I'll look at the one you posted, thanks for all your help. Much appreciated! 👍