Pre-order 7970m with 17.3" Vortex III and receive £650 discount!!!

ObserverJLin

Bronze Level Poster
If you go to the configuration page of the 17.3" Vortex III Click me now! you'll see that the price for the base model is £946 inc VAT. However when you change the Graphics Card to "AMD Radeon HD7970M you will receive £650 instant discount and you can start building your laptop from £296 :punk:

Last edited:

ObserverJLin

Bronze Level Poster
So if I select 7970m and check out they're gonna call me tomorrow and say you can't have your £300 laptop?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
So if I select 7970m and check out they're gonna call me tomorrow and say you can't have your £300 laptop?

Probably. If it was a mistake then the retailer has the right to refuse to sell it, it was the same with Tesco and setting the wrong price of ipads (I think) a few months ago.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for alerting us of this error, which has now been corrcted.

liamnic2

Super Star

Actually your their not supposed to, well maybe because their online. But they did a programme on this once. A shop displayed ipods at £20 instead of £120 and tried to get the ipods back after people bought them. Really funny actaully. Someone who actually knew their rights bought the whole stock, around 50 ipods. When the woman came out the store to drag him back he simply told her to get lost because she already sold him the ipods. When the woman said it was a programme the guy told her she had no chance because by law the ipods were payed for and legally his and it was their fault they displayed expensive goods low prices. He later sold the lot online for a massive profit or something.

A UK version of this was made but they never showed the clips where people actaully knew their rights. Still brilliant though.

petrow

Gold Level Poster
If someone notices the price error prior to ringing it up, they can however refuse to sell it at that price.

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
Online sites are usually protected from price errors.. its retail stores that honour it by discretion..

Sagi3

If it is a genuine mistake, i.e. change the gfx card and save £600 ;) or £20 instead of £120 then the retailer can refuse to sell. If it is a pricing trick i.e. £30 instead of £120 to get you in the store then the law does change to favour the shopper. I my many years of retail experience, if there is a huge price difference that would mean a significant loss on a genuine mistake then the retailer will refuse the sale at the till or refund an online transaction. If it is a small loss or just a cut off the profit margin then they will honour it as goodwill and get it rectified before anyone else tries to buy.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If it is a genuine mistake, i.e. change the gfx card and save £600 ;) or £20 instead of £120 then the retailer can refuse to sell. If it is a pricing trick i.e. £30 instead of £120 to get you in the store then the law does change to favour the shopper.

In the case of a retail store, If I purchase the item and leave the store I assume the retailer cannot ask me to return the item however if I approach the till and they realise there is a mistake then they can refuse to sell it to me. That is my understanding but I may be wrong.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
In the case of a retail store, If I purchase the item and leave the store I assume the retailer cannot ask me to return the item however if I approach the till and they realise there is a mistake then they can refuse to sell it to me. That is my understanding but I may be wrong.

You are right here - once you physically have the goods and have left the store they have no come-back.