Pre Production - Curious

Cappa

Hi everyone,

I've been told during pre production they are gathering parts for your pc, but I see some people are notified as to what parts they are waiting on to build the pc. I've been in pre production for about 24 working days and have not received any notifications of the sort. Is this normal?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi everyone,

I've been told during pre production they are gathering parts for your pc, but I see some people are notified as to what parts they are waiting on to build the pc. I've been in pre production for about 24 working days and have not received any notifications of the sort. Is this normal?
As @TonyCarter said, however if you post your full spec, we might be able to say what might be holding it back

Cappa

@TonyCarter @Martinr36
Here is the gist of it, it does say approximately 12 to 15 days for the build time but I'm honestly not stressed about that. I would just like to know what's causing it to take longer.

Case LIAN LI LANCOOL 215 GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® PRIME B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well I think you are probably waiting on the 3070, which at the moment is out of stock, wait times for builds with that card in can be seen in this thread

Cappa

What's your max budget?

What monitor are you pairing it with, what make and model?

What's it going to be used for, which programs are you running?
Haha that was my max budget there!
I'm getting a 240hz alienware monitor, not exactly sure what model it is but ill ask my mate because he is organising it for me.

Cappa

I'm getting a 240hz alienware monitor, not exactly sure what model it is but ill ask my mate because he is organising it for me.
Also its going to be used for my work and gaming. I've been given the opportunity to work from home more often and my mates have gotten me into gaming so I decided to have this PC for my work and gaming.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm guessing that's 1080p? I would strongly recommend against that unless you're established at competition level.

99% of humans can't notice a difference over 120Hz, but the difference between 1080p and 1440p is significant.

A 240Hz 1080p will cost what a good 1440p 144Hz monitor will cost but the 1440p will give a far better gaming experience.

The YouTube gaming channels will make you believe 240Hz is necessary, mostly because they make money off sponsored adverts, and because they have no idea about technology.
Which is what?
so I decided to have this PC for my work and gaming.
What packages do you use for work?

Cappa

I'm guessing that's 1080p? I would strongly recommend against that unless you're established at competition level.

99% of humans can't notice a difference over 120Hz, but the difference between 1080p and 1440p is significant.

A 240Hz 1080p will cost what a good 1440p 144Hz monitor will cost but the 1440p will give a far better gaming experience.

The YouTube gaming channels will make you believe 240Hz is necessary, mostly because they make money off sponsored adverts, and because they have no idea about technology.

Which is what?

What packages do you use for work?
Basically just Microsoft Office for work, nothing crazy haha.

So should I rather go for a good 144hz monitor?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Basically just Microsoft Office for work, nothing crazy haha.

So should I rather go for a good 144hz monitor?
It's the resolution that's important.

Any gaming monitor these days is 144Hz generally.

The three current resolutions are:

1080p - now 20 years old and only really used for extreme budget builds and competition level where graphics aren't important

1440p - mainstream sweetspot for price / performance

4k - High end

There are other things like ultrawides and superwides but they're quite niche still although growing rapidly.

1440p 144hz would be a far better experience