Pre production times

Freshmeat

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone who’s ordered recently what your pre production time waiting periods typically is? I’m currently at 12 working days in pre production and just wondering when I might move to build phase.

Citrus_9

Expert
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone who’s ordered recently what your pre production time waiting periods typically is? I’m currently at 12 working days in pre production and just wondering when I might move to build phase.
Depends on your parts. There's no same build hence no generic answer. There are a few threads dedicated for 3000 Nvidia series - worth to check. Not sure what you settled with, but most likely with 5800X you're looking somewhere around 3-4 weeks - that's the minimum usual waiting time around this month due to high demands.

Freshmeat

Bronze Level Poster
I believe all parts are in stock as I did the order over the phone. I went with a PNY card that was in stock. Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Jesus that’s terrible. Did you get an estimated build date? I got mine for next week.
It's quite normal actually, the 6800XT is very low stock quantities and very high demand, there's a dedicated thread on it.

It all depends what parts you've ordered as to how long the build takes.

3080 for instance is around 100 days.

There's nothing out of the ordinary there at all.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
all parts in stock at time of order - 51 days ago - in pre production 37 days now!
That's the key information. When you ordered all the parts were in stock, but since then people ahead of you in the build queue have used up the stock of some of those parts so that unfortunately you now have to wait for another delivery.

Just because parts are in stock at the time of your order doesn't mean they will still be in stock when you get into build. PCS don't set aside and reserve parts for you at the time of order. People ahead of you in the build queue must of course take priority for parts in stock when their orders are being built.

Since PCS have no idea when they'll get deliveries of parts in the current situation, nor how many of each part they will actually get, there is no way that they can reliably forecast at the time you order whether all your parts will still be in stock at build time. That's just the way things are with some parts in such short supply worldwide.