Preferred Music Service

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Would like to hear what people use to get there music.

I used to use iTunes when i had apple devices but went android and PC about a year ago.

I'm looking for a service that's good value, amazing sound quality and easy to create CD's. I know MP3 is the way forward but i like CD's.

Would appreciate your comments and opinions even if it is iTunes.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I use Nokia Music on my phone, free, unlimited and no ads and can be used offline, free legal music, can't go wrong ;P theres always spotify as well but you have to have ads, or you can get premium

I still prefer to buy a proper CD when I do buy music though

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Cheers Wozza, i take it i need a Nokia phone though =(.

I was looking at Google Play but folks are saying its a nightmare to burn songs to CD.

Im fussy with music and there is very little bands that i would buy there whole album and enjoy it. Except the Heavys I've just discovered them thanks to Borderlands =D

I'll have a look at spotify when i get hame.

Thanks

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yeh Google play only allows cloud play or download on your phone/tablet, no PC downloads :(

I believe Amazon offers mp3 downloads, at a similar price to iTunes, maybe even less

And yes, you need a nokia lumia phone to use Nokia Music, not sure if its available on their Symbian phones

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I use amazon mp3 store.

goods
- has a free mp3 cloud player, can download and all that shiz.
- free android app to, quite good, I use this myself. You can install on as many devices as you want (i think).
- Add all your amazon music and 250 non amazon songs (unless you pay for unlimited)
- downloads to mp3 with No DRM, (but worth making sure that all files are downloading with no DRM, sometimes win media with add DRM, as may itunes)
- with the app you can either play the music via a cloud or download them onto your device.

bads
- can only add 250 of your own songs to the app/cloud,
-
-

Flucky

Couldn't you just carry on using iTunes (not a massive fan of Apple as a whole but think iTunes is good at what it does). If you wanted to buy songs you could buy them from anywhere like Amazon then stick them on your iTunes once it's been downloaded? Not really sure though as I don't know much about this sort of thing. Maybe shamefully the only things I don't pirate are games and software from smaller companies, so most music doesn't fall under either of those.

Pagey

Bright Spark
I use iTunes, but have also started to get music via Amazon, over in America they have set up a system where CD's purchased from them from 1996 onwards, you get a free MP3 version of that album. Shame it's not over here yet.

I don't know if you're aware but iTunes changed their MP3 encoder a while back so you can encode VBR files in very high quality.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I've used iTunes for about 5 years but i was worried i was missing something that might be better out there. I like iTunes but just think that there's a lot of faffing about after i buy tracks because i like using Media Player and Win amp and organizing music when using multiple pieces of software can be messy. At one point iTunes was duplicating all of my music obviously my fault from some setting i must have told it to do.

I'd like a service that i can just download the song then it sits happily in its music folder so i can send it to devices, burn it to CD's or stream it to Media Extenders.

I had a look at Amazon but there's a few albums not on that i'm looking for but that's going to happen.

I guess i could use itunes, rip to CD then Burn to Media Player or just manually move the song to the folder i want.

Im just being a moaning lazy git really =D

sted

Rising Star
Myself I use iTunes, I only have a couple of problems with using it, such as how easy it is to purchase songs after you have verified the first one, I went click happy the very first time I purchased a song from there and without revealing how much, let's just say I payed a hefty sum for a load of individual songs.

And also it annoys me when you want to buy whole albums and they have those conference recording, commentaries or even music videos included.

Other than that I find it to be sufficiently reliable, though I have had the odd scare when I have recieved a late email receipt and I've thought "crap, did someone get my details" then read it and realised it is just a delayed response from a previous recent purchase. :D

Scotch

Gold Level Poster
I use itunes most of the time got 40gb atm of music. I love music

Now i'm using spotify but with this addon where it just posts playlist for basically anything and the playlists are good for that genre it is in, so alot of work has went into so i just use these playlists when on my gaming mode.

Pagey

Bright Spark
Haha, lazy? I had to go through my library of around 400 CD's...

To save me accidentally purchasing something from iTunes I remove my card details after I make a purchase.