Prices On Upgrading?

dlatimer

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry to piggy-back onto someone else's thread to ask this question, but hopefully it's relevant to the subject.

Is the Vortex III LE also upgradable or is this one of the models with soldered parts? Trying to differentiate between the Vortex III LE and the Vortex III, aside from the latter having slightly more customisation - is that because this contains separate parts that aren't soldered to the motherboard whereas the LE does?

Thank you in advance :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to piggy-back onto someone else's thread to ask this question, but hopefully it's relevant to the subject.

Is the Vortex III LE also upgradable or is this one of the models with soldered parts? Trying to differentiate between the Vortex III LE and the Vortex III, aside from the latter having slightly more customisation - is that because this contains separate parts that aren't soldered to the motherboard whereas the LE does?

Thank you in advance :)

The Vortex III LE has an MXM port too so the graphics card can, in theory, be upgraded in the future. However please note than if say in 2 years time a new graphics card is launched we cannot guarantee that there will be the correct drivers available to get this working. We will offer upgrades where possible on all chassis that have this capability.

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
Hey PCS

Are you able to tell me whether or not this upgrade service will be launching this year?

ianmer

What price do you think is reasonable for collection, the upgrade service, testing and re-delivery?

Free? Lol. i can't really say what I would be willing to pay, but as long as it was not extortionate I would pay to have someone I trust (PCS) fiddle with the insides of my prized possesion rather than an accident prone idiot (me) :D

Jaydea

Bronze Level Poster
I don't currently have access to the account that I ordered my laptop from, can someone tell me how much an upgrade from a 675m (Vortex lll 15 inch) to a 680m costs? :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I don't currently have access to the account that I ordered my laptop from, can someone tell me how much an upgrade from a 675m (Vortex lll 15 inch) to a 680m costs? :)

We don't currently offer this option.