Prices On Upgrading?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it would be reasonable for those wanting to use the service a numerous number of times. However for the 1 time service a price of £20, would be suitable

This is per return, so if you use the service once in September and once in December it will cost £59 per return, however you can select as many upgrade items as you like on each return.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I noticed that you updated the T&C to include the upgrade service. I assume the service covers any possible damage in transit, would finance be available for the upgrade service?

hargil

Silver Level Poster
Are you saying….

If I want, for example, my processor changing, it will cost me £59 plus the cost of the new part?

What happens to the old part?

Do you return that to me? It is my property.

Or is there some discount offered, presumably taken care of in the new part’s price?

I run the service department for my company and the return cost of a unit (up to 18 kg) with Interlink Express is about £25.

This would leave you with about £35 to cover;

Un-boxing the unit

Goods-in inspection

Completing the goods-In documents

Opening the unit

Fitting and testing the part

Re-packaging and despatch documentation.

All for £35

Sounds value for money to me.

skr1

I like the idea.....How about a payment scheme to cover future upgrades..loyalty customer discounts..
seriously I think you have a forward thinking plan one that I may use.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Would finance be available for the upgrade service?

We are not planning to offer finance just yet, initially it will only be available by credit/debit card.

If I want, for example, my processor changing, it will cost me £59 plus the cost of the new part?

That's right - the components will cost £x and the upgrade service including collection fees will cost £59.

What happens to the old part? Do you return that to me? It is my property.

Any exchanged (redundant) components remain the property of the customer and will be returned with the computer.

I'm sure you'll all have many more questions about this service - please save these for when it is launched as most will be answered straight away. We may also be looking for some "guinea-pigs" to trial the service at launch - that is customers who are looking to upgrade their systems who would like to be one of the first to use the service. :)

hargil

Silver Level Poster
This sounds like a Valuable asset to PCS, one which i think customers will apreciate and value.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
That sounds good :) One question: Is the Optimus II GFX card upgradeable? Or is it soldered? (Asking for a friend :) )

Post 8
GPU upgrades will only be available for the Vortex and SkyFire series - all other models use soldered down GPUs.

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
This is brilliant and i think it's a very good price! So happy to know that the GPU within my new Vortex III is upgradeable :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
This is brilliant and i think it's a very good price! So happy to know that the GPU within my new Vortex III is upgradeable :)

This GPU is upgradeable, however please note it requires future GPU models to be compatible with the Vortex III. For example, only the 7970M is supported by PCS for installation intop a Vortex II.

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
Any update on the heatsink compatibility I asked earlier? ;) (HD7970M vs gtx560M, for example)

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
Cheers, now you just need to inform me when I can send mine in for the upgrade and how much it will cost ;)

Rakk

The Awesome
Hi, I am also interested in this upgrade would pcs be interested in buying the 560m for £100 :)

I wouldn't think PCS would be interested in having the old GPU's mainly cos they can't do anything with them, they can't resell them on (I don't work for PCS so don't actually know, but I'm betting I'm not far off the truth)

Gorman

Author Level
I wouldn't think PCS would be interested in having the old GPU's mainly cos they can't do anything with them, they can't resell them on (I don't work for PCS so don't actually know, but I'm betting I'm not far off the truth)

nonsense. We have several defendable forts made from 8xxx series gpu's.

pijeon

PCS ADMIN, can you confirm that i can now go ahead and order a 7970m to fit myself, which will work in the P150HM - as there seems to be alot of confusion within the sales team but what is happening with these cards?

Been trying to get hold of one for over a month now :p - Can get from Germany , but would much rather give you guys the business :)

PJ