Prime Day Deals Thread

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

Elhan

Bronze Level Poster
I'm tempted to get the 32" G7 as an interim upgrade. There's a few screens I am eyeing up, namely the LG34950G, the MEG38381CQR and the AW381DW (which will probably be the most reasonably priced of them), and possibly the X35, but obviously the first two won't be out for some time and the AW is still sitting at around £1k if you can get it via Dell business. G7 ticks many boxes in the meanwhile. There do seem to have been some concerns with flickering on it but from what I've read this has since been resolved via firmware for most people.

Also might get these.

Oh, christ, the G9 is on the 5 monthly payments offer!

Damn, crisis of wallet happening right now!

Edit: NO.... must remain strong.... speakers or nothing!
With the G9, would you need a 3080 to make it a worthwhile purchase, or would a 3070 suffice?

Last edited:

Elhan

Bronze Level Poster
I see. I might leave it for when cards in that bracket are more readily available then. I haven't looked much into its successor- has there been any word on what sort of spec it'll boast?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Also might get these.
I don't want to burst a bubble but I wouldn't. I got these for Xmas and just thought they sounded terrible, I played around with them a bit using synapse software but just didn't like them. I ended up going back to my previous headset after about a week. I wondered if it was just my pair until I put on a 'try on' pair in a local tech store that sounded the same. It's difficult to describe, but the sound was just bad, super unbalanced and quite tinny seeming (oddly for a Razer headset) is probably the description for it... well from what I can remember anyway.

It's quite odd, I had a previous pair of Razer's which I loved (which they don't do anymore :/ ) And @AgentCooper has sung the praises of the Nari Ultimates in a different thread, so I'm just not quite sure what happened to these.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Some ridiculous RAM: 16GB of 4000MHz for £99, similarly mad prices on 32GB and 4400MHz. (Not that I know why you'd want it!)

Are there any other decent 1440p (and up) monitor deals besides the Samsung G5/G7. Have a budget of upto £500.

Some of the ultra-wide monitors look cool as I will be playing sim titles and the odd console port. Then again, if a £240 G5 does the job, I don’t want to waste money!

Oh, and I’ll need a decent keyboard & mouse combo. Basically all the accessories!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've just picked up a couple of firesticks and a couple of dots. I was holding off for Prime to get them as they are silly cheap (4k stick for £25). So good for around the house.

Nothing else really standing out for me right now. I think giving them £100 of my hard earned is plenty for now though :D

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just spotted the Echo Buds. For £50 that's a bargain. Seriously good tech in them.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've just picked up a couple of firesticks and a couple of dots. I was holding off for Prime to get them as they are silly cheap (4k stick for £25). So good for around the house.

Nothing else really standing out for me right now. I think giving them £100 of my hard earned is plenty for now though :D
yeah i got a dot the other day

Elhan

Bronze Level Poster
I don't want to burst a bubble but I wouldn't. I got these for Xmas and just thought they sounded terrible, I played around with them a bit using synapse software but just didn't like them. I ended up going back to my previous headset after about a week. I wondered if it was just my pair until I put on a 'try on' pair in a local tech store that sounded the same. It's difficult to describe, but the sound was just bad, super unbalanced and quite tinny seeming (oddly for a Razer headset) is probably the description for it... well from what I can remember anyway.

It's quite odd, I had a previous pair of Razer's which I loved (which they don't do anymore :/ ) And @AgentCooper has sung the praises of the Nari Ultimates in a different thread, so I'm just not quite sure what happened to these.
The Nari has come down in price so I'll give it a look.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi Lads hopefully someone can help me out on this one as I'm clueless. I'm looking at getting a pair of wireless ear buds, my budget is flexible but say cap of around £80. Generally I want something with good sound quality for music/podcasts more than anything

Any recommendations, these are currently the ones I'm looking at. Mate from work has told me to be careful of generations as some are drastically better than others for similar prices but like I say I'm clueless on this. Cheers