Problems with Asus Xonar DX soundcard

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Morning all,
My soundcard is suddenly not working properly, when connecting my headset or speakers it is only recognising those as 5.1 rather than 2.1. I do get sound when selecting 5.1 on the Xonar Audio Center but no sound when selecting 2, since my speakers and headset are not 5.1 supported this means only getting sound on one side. I try uninstalling drivers and reinstalling those without any luck. I was thinking it may be a power issue but in the past when the sound card was not properly connected the audio center will give me a warning but nothing at all at the moment. Any ideas?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hey, got ya email,

have ya tried reseating the sound card yet? maybe check the connections at the same time, just to make sure.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I will, however I need a bigger cable to check the connection. I may have to purchase one, any idea on where I could get it from? I will try reseating the card this evening. Thanks for the feedback.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
well according to corsair here click on tech specs, it says it has two floppy connectors, so if they defo aint in ya cables pack, ask pcs to send ya a plain black one.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
well according to corsair here click on tech specs, it says it has two floppy connectors, so if they defo aint in ya cables pack, ask pcs to send ya a plain black one.

I checked the welcome pack and couldn't find another similar cable (black) but it will be easier for me just to order one online if available.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
sorry mate, I couldn't find a plain black on online anywhere.

once you tried re-seating it, try ya headset and see what that does.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Thanks, contacted the retailer. They adviced me to do a clean reinstallation of windows (not keen on that) and if the problem persist to send them the card.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Just looking through the manual now mate, are ya two speakers set up like this,

piccy.png

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I wouldnt be too keen on a reinstall either, hmmmm

we will check that everything is set up first before evening thinking about doing that.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
You didn't have dolby digital clicked did ya? Done think it would have let you, but just to check.