Problems with control panel and search bar with a Nova with 3700x

LucCas

Hi,

my Nova with Ryzen 3700x just arrived, I started to install updates and some software (Icue for my Corsair mouse, Steelseries suite for my headphones) but suddendly my control panel ceased to work. I can try to start the application, but it crashes immediately. At the same time, the Windows search bar stopped to work, too. I cannot even type anything there.
Any solutions, apart trying to reinstall Windows from scratch?
In the case, which is the correct order for driver install, and where am I being able to find them (I have the DVD but no DVD readers available)

Thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

my Nova with Ryzen 3700x just arrived, I started to install updates and some software (Icue for my Corsair mouse, Steelseries suite for my headphones) but suddendly my control panel ceased to work. I can try to start the application, but it crashes immediately. At the same time, the Windows search bar stopped to work, too. I cannot even type anything there.
Any solutions, apart trying to reinstall Windows from scratch?
In the case, which is the correct order for driver install, and where am I being able to find them (I have the DVD but no DVD readers available)

Thanks!
Did you order with windows or without? If you ordered without windows, you would need to do a clean installation rather than use the test windows that's installed as it's not correctly configured.

If you ordered with windows, tbh, a clean install is still going to be the easiest way to troubleshoot.

LucCas

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I solved the issue by manually installing the May functional update of Windows 10 from the Microsoft website. After that, Control Panel worked again flawlessly. Probably some conflict with updates. I purchased the laptop with Win 10 Home preinstalled, by the way. Thank you to everyone for the support!