Problems with Dual Monitors - Please Help.

HCFC_CLARK

Bronze Level Poster
I got my PC yesterday, and I have hooked it up to 2 monitors, one via HDMI and the other by DVI.

The screen using DVI is fine, it's the monitor using HDMI I am having trouble with. For some reason it won't fit to my screen fully, it leaves about a 1cm black bar right around the edge.

I've tried to sort it using AMD Vision Engine Control Centre programme (which I find very confusing) but I didn't know what to do if i'm honest. I've managed to get it to fit the full screen, but now the picture quality is really poor.

The other problem is that I cannot get any sound at all. I've tried using headphones and the speakers on my monitor, and I can hear the test sound, but actual games sound or music etc. I get nothing. There's a programme called Realtek HD Audio Manager, but again im not sure how to use it.

Just wondered if anyone could help me?

Thank-you!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
In amd vision control centre select my digital flat panels then scaling options,set the slider till you fill the screen.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Not sure if this will help as the test is working,but try this.right click on the speaker icon in the right corner of the taskbar/ select playback devices,
right click on your device speakers/set as default device/apply.

HCFC_CLARK

Bronze Level Poster
I've just done that mate, still nothing :/ I can see the little green bar going up and down but there is no sound coming out at all.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Click on sound icon in taskbar,if you have the option,select "mixer",make sure nothing is muted.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Seems a bit strange test is working and nothing else,you could try reinstalling sound driver.

Rakk

The Awesome
Seems a bit strange test is working and nothing else

Yeah, thats the bit thats confusing me as well, if it wasn't working for the test either then it would make a lot more sense - though what test is being tried, it is possible the test beep is actually the motherboard beep rather than sound coming from the headphones/monitor.

HCFC_CLARK

Bronze Level Poster
Don't know if I've read that wrong but when I play the test I still can't hear anything, I can see that sound is been played but hear nothing.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Is anything showing amiss in device manager,even if it isn't I would still try reinstalling sound driver,if your sure you have set the correct device to default.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I suppose you already know this,but the speakers won't work with the headphones plugged in.Also make sure the speakers are connected to the correct jack socket.

Last edited:

HCFC_CLARK

Bronze Level Poster
Just checked the drivers, there all up to date. Totally clueless. I was going to buy some speakers at some point anyway, but it looks like i'll be buying some earlier then anticipated!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Just checked the drivers, there all up to date. Totally clueless. I was going to buy some speakers at some point anyway, but it looks like i'll be buying some earlier then anticipated!
Hi,
What is the model of your monitor? Is it S240HLbid? You may probably have checked this but I think some monitors may offer HDMI connectivity but do not have in-built speakers on them.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I've just realised your trying to get sound through your monitor speakers :eek:
I thought you were using stand alone speakers.
Assuming your monitor has speakers,try setting the correct device in sound panel to default.
To do this,right click on speaker icon in task bar/playback devices,the device may come under the name "HDMI out" or it could be named something else.With something playing sound on your computer try setting all the options to default one at a time.
Failing that try using an audio cable to the monitor using DVI and set the default to "speakers"

Last edited: