Problems with Splinter Cell: Conviction resolution!!!?!

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
Hay all... Don't suppose anyone else has had this problem. I've downloaded Splinter Cell: conviction through steam and when I try to set up the game, it only allows up to 720p resolution. I know I've seen this game support 1080p, how do I get this changed?

Many thanks all!!!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Are you sure its splinter cell conviction your having problems with cos like you said it supports 1080p

Splinter cell double agent however doesn't

this is the method i used for that game... just find the spintercell4.ini file and change or add the following...

Widescreen Support
Method
.ini Solution

D:\Games\Steam\steam apps\splinter cell double agent\SCDA-Offline\System\SplinterCell4.ini

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=1024
WindowedViewportY=768
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080

D:\Games\Steam\steam apps\splinter cell double agent\SCDA-Offline\System\SplinterCell4.ini

16:9

[Engine.PlayerController]
DesiredFOV=91.315448228736
DefaultFOV=91.315448228736

If it is splinter cell conviction your having trouble with try changing the resolution here C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC.ini

NilSatis

Bright Spark
The only thing ive seen on that is people suggesting to use the scroll wheel on the resolution section to get more results :) I am about to install this so can tell you more later; but another way would be to edit the config.ini file in the games root directory to force e.g. 1920 x 1080. Thats my native resolution so I will find a way to get it sorted if it doesnt like it native.

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
It's Conviction...

My ConvictionUserPC.ini says:

[SystemValidation]
RunValidation=True
LastAdapterNumber=0

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Player
Class=EchelonCharacter.ESam
team=1
Local=True
UseCharacterControl=true

[NetPlayer]
Name=Player2
Class=EchelonCharacter.ESam
team=2
Local=False

[Engine.HUD]
HudMode=0
Crosshair=0

[Engine.Display]
AdapterNumber=0
DisableShaderOptims=False
UseTripleBuffering=False
ForceGpuCount=0
MaxFPS=120
EyefinityMode=2
ForceMultiMon=False
MinTripleDispRatio=3.9

[Inputs]
ControllerType=KT_X360
KeyboardLayout=KT_DEFAULT
UseXInputByDefault=True

Conviction.ini says:

Protocol=unreal ProtocolDescriptio...5=1040x576 res6=960x540 res7=640x360 [/QUOTE]

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Haha no worries dude....its one of those stupid designed settings screen with nothing to say there are more resolutions available, so you have to go to resolution and then use your mouse wheel to scroll down and get all the options. I have just been playing it tonight. Bit more of a filmesque action game than the first ones, but there have already been some enjoyable moments; am loving it so far! I got the downloadable content too; so will be playing some of that tomorrow evening i should think; although APB is also calling me back for another session. Too much choice is always good lol.

@Pokerface; yeah 1920x1080 resolution is selectable by default on this splinter cell :) Looks quite pretty too for the unreal engine; and runs perfectly on max settings for me.

Last edited:

PokerFace

Banned
@Pokerface; yeah 1980x1080 resolution is selectable by default on this splinter cell :) Looks quite pretty too for the unreal engine; and runs perfectly on max settings for me.

OK thanks (I'm presuming you meant 1920x1080) but what about 1920x1200?........I hate them low res screens ;)

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Whoops lol! Yes that is what i meant!! Hmm Im not sure, I think it only offers resolutions for us tech. peasants with up to 1920 x 1080. :) Tbh it might not have had it as an option as it isnt my native res. I should think if it doesnt you will be altering the .ini file; or looking on widescreengamingforum.com for a fix. Im pretty much 100% sure that if you have that as your native resolution it will be an option to run it as that.

I have even seen some threads on a forum where some guy was complaining about black bars on the cut scenes in 16:10; he said he got them in game aswell but others disagreed and like many threads (like this lol!) there wasnt a conclusive answer either way!