Processing for 12 working days

EskimoToe

I know a lot of guys on here have been waiting for 50+ working days but it seems the pre-production status tends to be the longest wait time, however im now on 12 working days and the status has not changed from processing yet, is this normal? What was everyone elses wait time under this status?

TIA

ET

Znabir

I’m literally on 12 working days and processing to. I did call them and email and they said it should be built on the week of the 11th of jan

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Your status doesn't change until you move into build. Once you get into build it's typically built, tested, and shipped within two or three days. :)

Gavras

Master Poster
If you are still in Processing, as opposed to Pre Production, have you confirmed money has cleared, where you paying by finance?

it may be worth calling them or message via online chat.

A lot also depends on what you actually order.

Also if you are UK or non UK.

steaky360

Your status doesn't change until you move into build. Once you get into build it's typically built, tested, and shipped within two or three days. :)
This isn't quite right, the stages are;

• Processing
  • Pre-Production (typically the longest stage)
  • Building (typically shortest stage often <1 day)
  • Testing (typically 24 hours)
  • Awaiting Dispatch
  • Dispatched

@EskimoToe, your order will get switched from one stage to the next as you progress through the various queue's. You should get an email from PCS when this happens.

Processing is typically quite fast (sorting payment etc.). As @Gavras noted above, the speed of this will depend on several factors, if your payment has been processed and you're paying directly I'd get in touch with PCS to ask about it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

• Processing
  • Awaiting Dispatch
  • Dispatched

@EskimoToe, your order will get switched from one stage to the next as you progress through the various queue's. You should get an email from PCS when this happens.

Processing is typically quite fast (sorting payment etc.). As @Gavras noted above, the speed of this will depend on several factors, if your payment has been processed and you're paying directly I'd get in touch with PCS to ask about it.
I stand corrected. :)

Rbaut

Bronze Level Poster
I'm currently 6 days on processing, and that is having paid directly in full, without finance options etc. So quite surprised myself to see this at 6 days, let alone your 12! I could only put this down to the awkward period of Christmas/New Years, where not only PCS probably wind down, but bank holidays for the financial services take their toll in processing payments. Although that said, it does look like PCS has happily taken my money from my statements! :)

Hope I see some movement in the coming days. Everything I have ordered is in stock (3600X and supplying my own GPU), so I hope that everything would be relatively smooth sailing and a relatively short wait from there on.

EskimoToe

• Processing
  • Awaiting Dispatch
  • Dispatched

It's changed to Pre-production now, after 12 working days in Processing.

I did order just before Christmas/New Year (20th Dec) so can imagine this caused a delay, plus lockdown etc

Bhuna50

Author Level
I expect there are a couple of hidden stages too within Processing of the payment.

Things such as fraud checks / address checks to ensure that they match the payment / person / address etc before even proceeding too much further with it.

Whilst most of this may not take long, someone still has to just 'sign off' on such processes and if all hands are currently on trying to catch up and also deal with incoming queries / support requests etc, then expect a day or two longer in these early stages.

my current pc is falling apart lmao .. my one just went into pre production happy days
Mines currently invisible 😂

EEC58E46-98C6-44AA-8ECA-72CA8A31E050.jpeg

3barrels

hey i put in my order on 29-12-2020 17:32 i got this on my order pre-prodution 6 working days also got a email today The current estimated build date for your order is: Thursday 11 March 2021. no idea why its gonna take 2 months i get there are others and we in a pandemic but 2 months too build a rig wtf very poor

Znabir

hey i put in my order on 29-12-2020 17:32 i got this on my order pre-prodution 6 working days also got a email today The current estimated build date for your order is: Thursday 11 March 2021. no idea why its gonna take 2 months i get there are others and we in a pandemic but 2 months too build a rig wtf very poor
I ordered mine 17th December and it told me I’m getting mine 2nd of February😭😭

CallMeGoughy

If you went for a 3080 thats about right

JJBSpurs

If you went for a 3080 thats about right
I'm in the same boat as that guy, ordered a 2060 though and it says estimated date is Friday 12th. Is it reasonable that it could be much earlier and that date is just sort of the latest to maybe expect? Was really hoping to have it by like start of February to use through Lockdown! Ordered on 29/12/20 and it's in pre-production with 6 working days. Very excited and impatient haha!

Last edited:

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
2 weeks pre production I wish "43 working days", starting to think it wont be here before end February or March due to the worst of the CPU/GPU's to find 5950x and 3080

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster
I was "processing" for exactly 11 days as well before I went into pre-production - where I expect to stay for some time due to component shortages...