proper outlook does not show sent files in 'sent' folder

chrissib

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

since upgrading to a proper version of outlook, I don't see any mail I end in the sent folder, so I have no idea if my emails have been sent or not.

I also have a web mail running which is linked to my email account. This is not pretty, and does not have half the features Outlook has, but at least it log sent emails. But I don't want to have to rely on this, just to see if an email is sent. I would rather get rid of the web mail, and just use Outlook for everything.

I think it must be a setting somewhere. I also have the same email account on my mobile phone, and this updates also, but I cannot clear the mails clocking up on the phone, without deleting them altogether

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Chris

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

since upgrading to a proper version of outlook, I don't see any mail I end in the sent folder, so I have no idea if my emails have been sent or not.

I also have a web mail running which is linked to my email account. This is not pretty, and does not have half the features Outlook has, but at least it log sent emails. But I don't want to have to rely on this, just to see if an email is sent. I would rather get rid of the web mail, and just use Outlook for everything.

I think it must be a setting somewhere. I also have the same email account on my mobile phone, and this updates also, but I cannot clear the mails clocking up on the phone, without deleting them altogether

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Chris

Before emails are sent they sit in your outbox, are they in there? If so it means your outlook isn't logged in correctly more than likely or it's configured incorrectly.

It also depends how you've got the account configured, is it POP, IMAP or Exchange?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I don't use Outlook (Thunderbird is free) but check in settings to see whether Outlook has a 'save a copy of outgoing messages' switch....

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I don't use Outlook (Thunderbird is free) but check in settings to see whether Outlook has a 'save a copy of outgoing messages' switch....

Outlook is slightly different and sent messages automatically go into sent items.

Unless there's a post-sending rule to move them, of course.

Spyder is most likely correct and they are in the outbox. Some versions and the info that Spyder asked for would help.