Proteus not detecting wireless after Windows install

Cricky

Enthusiast
Is your WiFi installed? WiFi and network controller are separate.
Nope. No WiFi in the Device Manager.

This is what I see now in Device Manager after installing the various drivers. Still 3 unknown devices.

Attachments

• Laptopscreen02.jpg
    Laptopscreen02.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 112

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nope. No WiFi in the Device Manager.

This is what I see now in Device Manager after installing the various drivers. Still 3 unknown devices.
And wifi is definitely enabled?

At this point, what I would suggest is doing a clean reinstall because we've been doing a fair amount of messing with drivers.

Then when you're in windows, tether your mobile phone to get an internet connection on the laptop, you should be able to do this with the USB connection, then install windows updates that way.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

At this point, what I would suggest is doing a clean reinstall because we've been doing a fair amount of messing with drivers.

Then when you're in windows, tether your mobile phone to get an internet connection on the laptop, you should be able to do this with the USB connection, then install windows updates that way.
Either that or buy a cheap WiFi dongle just to get drivers downloaded and installed.....

Cricky

Enthusiast

I hadn't even thought about tethering it to my phone! Doh! Good call. :)

I tethered then checked that unknown Network Controller. I downloading the drivers for it and it turns out it was the Intel Wi-Fi adapter! Wi-Fi is working now. One of the other other unknown devices was the Bluetooth adapter.

Do you think I should do a fresh install? This was a clean install a few hours ago with just the default drivers added.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I hadn't even thought about tethering it to my phone! Doh! Good call. :)

I tethered then checked that unknown Network Controller. I downloading the drivers for it and it turns out it was the Intel Wi-Fi adapter! Wi-Fi is working now. One of the other other unknown devices was the Bluetooth adapter.

Do you think I should do a fresh install? This was a clean install a few hours ago with just the default drivers added.
Ah, well done, that's awesome.... if it's working, then just leave it be, connect to wireless and get all those windows updates installed and you should be good to go.

Then we can investigate the LAN to find out what's going on there.