Proteus VI price

RedLineUK

Hi guys, im looking at spending around £1300-£1400 on a laptop and in that range most of the laptops with 16gm RAM and a HDD+m.2. have a 2060, how come the Proteus with all the same specs have a 2070. Is the chassis a cheaper model?

If it is a cheaper chassis I'd be concerned about thermals (a few posts on here of the older version with the gtx graphics cards complaining about faulty thermals)

What are your thoughts ?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's not my money of course, but I think the Proteus would be fine.

PCS sell a lot of laptops, and while the reports on the forums would make any potential purchaser concerned, I'd infer most Proteuses are fine on the grounds that the forum isn't literally awash with complaints.

PCS have previously pulled models from sale where it was established there was an issue with the chassis they use (Defiance XS II I think went down for a while due to thermals).

PCS are usually pretty easy with RMAs. You also have return/refund rights, in the event there is a problem with your unit, or you get the chassis and decide you just plain don't want it (worth perusing the Ts & Cs as you would before any big purchase). As much as an added hassle and unpleasant experience it is to return anything, you have options.

I would probably buy the best hardware spec I could get that fit my needs and budget, which means I'd be looking very carefully at the Proteus if it offers an RTX 2070 for similar money to other models.

The other chassis' price premiums often come from additional features they offer e.g. mechanical keyboard and thinner, lighter chassis (and thinner bezels) in the case of the Recoil. If those factors are more important to you than going from an RTX 2060 than 2070, then the Recoil would be worth looking at.

Last edited: