PS3 Emulators?

Jamed

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, my friend says he can emulate PS3 games.
Is this possible as I can't seem to find one anywhere at all.
If there is not one out at the moment then how long do you think we will have to wait before we get one?
(Just so you know I am not advocating piracy or anything like that. This is just a question asked by me and me alone :))

T

TheGeeza

Due to the exotic architecture of the PS3 it is very unlikely that there will ever be a proper emulator for it unless someone has way too much time on their hands. It's a different case for the PS4 though as that console is closer to the PC in terms of it's architecture.
I think your friend is telling porky pies ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

smokey

[Link removed by steaky360] I found this one, don't know if it works or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
You currently need a ridiculously powerful PC to emulate PS3 or even Xbox 360 games due to how much power is required to emulate them.

steaky360

Smokey,

I've removed the link to the emulator you posted. I don't want to start an argument over the legitimacy of using emulators but I do not think its appropriate to post links to them on this forum.

If anyone wants to find one, they can google for it themselves.

smokey

I've removed the link to the emulator you posted. I don't want to start an argument over the legitimacy of using emulators but I do not think its appropriate to post links to them on this forum.

fair enough:), I completely understand as people are only legitimately allowed to have the bios to run an emulator if you own the actual console.