PS3 With DVI-D monitor

Supermaniacs

Bronze Level Poster
Need some help please! I recently purchased a PS3 and have bought a dvi-d to hdmi cable as my monitor does not support HDMI. I can see video but can't figure out how to get sound? Can you please maybe assist me in what i can do to get sound playing with video?

Many Thanks

LFFPicard

Godlike
The converter will not produce sound as DVI-D signal only carries Video. So when the signal reaches the converter the sound is dropped.

Does your monitor have built in speakers anyway? Please post your Monitor model so we can help further.

Hope this helps.

I'm could well be corrected, but I'm fairly sure that DVI connections won't transmit sound, you would need to get some more adapters to get the sound to come out of the monitor speakers or some separate ones. Does your monitor have built in speakers?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PS3-HDMI-DVI-cable/dp/B000NWQULS If you read the reviews of this product you will see what people are saying about getting the audio out. You can also see some of the products that people are buying with this cable to get their setups to work.

Let me know how you get on.

LFFPicard beat me to it! But at least you're getting a consistent message! :)

Last edited:

Supermaniacs

Bronze Level Poster
Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my monitor Benq G24hdb does not come with speakers. I am using standard speakers connected to my PC! Do you think i could get sound if i connected the av multi out with a y adapter and connect it direct to the speakers?!?!

Thanks again

LFFPicard

Godlike
To be honest it would probably be easie rto plug the speakers into yuor sound card.. Or am I missing something out here?

Are you using PC speakers or trying to use something like Hi-Fi speakers?