PSA: Breaking News!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Due to decreasing sales/demand they say?

But I don't think I've seen any for sale in the chocolate aisle at my local supermarkets for years - so if it's not on the shelf, how can I buy it?

Plus the last one I bought - probably 10 years ago - was about as thick as Thermal Grizzle Kryosheet.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When it's almost £3 for a bar of chocolate these days what psychopath is choosing Carmac

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When it's almost £3 for a bar of chocolate these days what psychopath is choosing Carmac
The Scottish government...oh wait, that's CalMac ;)

Anyway, I moved over to Hotel Chocolat salted (or plain) caramel batons/buttons...almost the same price!

112209.jpg

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Phew! I thought the PSA in the title was the Prostate Specific Antigen blood test. I have one every year. Us cancer survivors have to be careful.

Anyway, glad to see that it's a different PSA....:rolleyes:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Phew! I thought the PSA in the title was the Prostate Specific Antigen blood test. I have one every year. Us cancer survivors have to be careful.

Anyway, glad to see that it's a different PSA....:rolleyes:
Oh, didn't realise, well done you!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I don’t eat chocolate but isn’t this essentially the same thing as a Caramac? It’s the same scary colour and looks like it’d dissolve your teeth in a matter of moments:

IMG_9785.jpeg

IMG_9784.jpeg

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just like the original, there are no cacao solids at all...it's pure milk powders, fats, sugar and flavourings.

That's why I've been buying from Hotel Chocolat for years. It costs a lot more, but I offset that by buying less. I think their lowest cocoa solids content in milk chocolate is 40%...vs 20% in something like Dairy Milk...and there's even a 'supermilk' with 65% cacao.

I used to love their little mini-slabs, and their single estate bars (which are no longer available)...and if you're on a diet, then the 90-100% bars will suppress your appetite quite well...but they're about £5 for 100g.