PSu warranty

bg92

Expert
Could anyone tell me if I wwould void my warranty by sleeving the psu??? I read somewhere that corsiar allows you to sleeve your psu without voiding your warranty as long a s you dont open the box.
Thanks in advance

pengipete

Rising Star
I wouldn't trust anything anyone says about warranties that didn't come directly from the source - bear on mind that you're talking about a lgeally binding contract. You can check Corsair's warranty terms here - http://www.corsair.com/support/warranty/ - note that they specifically state that their warranty excludes "Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair"

You might try contacting Corsair directly - the only way to get a definitive answer but Corsair manufacture modular PSU and others that are already sleeved so I can't see them wanting to guarantee a PSU that's had the power connectors removed and refitted by a non-approved person.

Taking a different view, Corsair's warranty is limited to the PSU itself so if there was any damage to the rest of the PC caused by a fault in the PSU, you would be looking at your PCS warranty or - maybe - bring a civil case against Corsair. In other words, if you are only worried about Corsair's warranty, the worst that can happen is that you'd have to buy a new PSU if that one fails at some point in the future. (I'll not suggest that you could remove the braid before RMAing the PSU - that would be naughty.)

I'd been thinking about braiding - got all the parts and tools bookmarked ready to buy - but I'm concious of risking £1200 worth of PC for a cosmetic modification that I won't even see more than a couple of times a year. For now, at least, I've settled for tie-backs and running cables out of sight. I had an idea that I'm only casually following up at the moment - using a taped binding (more like a ribbon) to wrap the cables without removing the connectors. It would take more time and care but I may try it when I have some spare time.

bg92

Expert
I think I'm not goning to sleeve the psu but I might have to redo the other sleeving I've done, on the other cables, not satsified with how some of these turned out. And I didn't trust what others said about it, and thats why I asked here.
Thanks