PUP.CNET.Adware.Bundle

Corfate

Author Level
I think i have actually. Seemed fine for me, but that was a few months ago :) No problems from it since! (touch wood)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I find FileHippo much the same as Cnet content wise.
I've never had any trouble with it,
then again i've never had any trouble with Cnet,
bit wary now though.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Lol you always seem to have very extreme opinions, not saying its a bad thing but again I disagree with them lol.

Cnet and their associates are potentially in a case against Alki David, he believes that Cnet encouraged piracy on the internet by pushing forward downloads of programs such as limewire. I honestly doubt this will go very far in courts unless theres some stuff that the public doesn't know about. P2P software is completely legal and is used legitimately by many people to share files, I use it to share work with colleagues when other means arent suitable, the fact people started using it for illegal downloading isnt down to the fact Cnet provided the software, its to do with the fact more and more people are using the internet everyday and therefore the supply and demand for illegal downloads has become greater.

If you really want to blame someone then blame something like napster, probably the most well known website/ download in the world due to the cases that went on around it.

Yeh that's what I'm on about, I can't find it right now but there's a good video on Youtube about it.

About how CNet promoted and encourage piracy then complained to the courts about all the piracy just so they could sue people.

The video is about looking at things from the source, the law states that you are comitting a crime if you promote and/or encourage piracy, Cnet are guily as sin, b ut they'll just throw a load of money at the judge and I don't think it will get very far, like you said.

Not about Cnet supplying the software, but the actual files. With search suggestions, you gave you the tools, AND the files, AND the means to do it, that's encouragment enough.

If only I kind find the funny beared man's video, if you youtube stop sopa it will come up i am in not state of mind to find it